MIL Rescue Swimmer School

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by widds2v, May 5, 2009.

1. widds2v

widds2v Active Member

Anyone know how hard this actually is nowadays? I've read that it is behind BUDS & EOD as one of the hardest navy schools, but I have seen some pretty shitty (physically) people with aircrew pin (although im thinking now not everyone has to go through it).

Might go AWV eventually.. would have to do aircrew candidate school, then RSS, then the tech schools.

2. flytojungho

flytojungho ...

i see them everyday here at NAS Pensacola but im not exactly sure if they're rescue swimmers or not. Every morning they march to Aircrew school and have inspection or something out by the yard and do pt... other than that, im not sure...

3. Drunk Bastard Audio

Drunk Bastard Audio New Member

AC badge doesn't equate to SAR....

Most of the SAR guys I knew when I was Navy were some pretty fit dudes.

4. nsxrebel

nsxrebel New Member

Rescue swimmers do their first part of training with Aircrew schools. Rescue swimmers are PT studs by the time they're finished. Aircrew school was pretty tough, so I'd have to say Rescue Swimmers is up there. We had some BUDS dropouts in my Aircrew class, most were moving on to Rescue Swimming.

5. widds2v

widds2v Active Member

Just cause you go to rescue swimmer school doesn't mean SAR. If you are considered a "combat aircrewman" you still have to go through RSS even though you wont be saving lives on a daily basis.. fyi.