MIL Res. 571, 572. (House of Rep)

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Insdav3, Nov 21, 2005.

1. Insdav3

Insdav3 Guest

PASSED
    H.RES.572
    Title: Providing for consideration of the resolution (H. Res. 571) expressing the sense of the House of Representatives that the deployment of United States forces in Iraq be terminated immediately and providing for consideration of the concurrent resolution (H. Con. Res. 308) directing the Clerk of the House of Representatives to make a technical correction in the enrollment of H. R. 3058.
    Sponsor: Rep Gingrey, Phil [GA-11] (introduced 11/18/2005) Cosponsors (None)
    Related Bills: H.CON.RES.308, H.RES.571
    Latest Major Action: 11/18/2005 Passed/agreed to in House. Status: On agreeing to the resolution Agreed to by the Yeas and Nays: 210 - 202 (Roll no. 607).
    House Reports: 109-312

FAILED
    H.RES.571
    Title: Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives that the deployment of United States forces in Iraq be terminated immediately.
    Sponsor: Rep Hunter, Duncan [CA-52] (introduced 11/18/2005) Cosponsors (None)
    Related Bills: H.RES.572
    Latest Major Action: 11/18/2005 Failed of passage/not agreed to in House. Status: On agreeing to the resolution Failed by recorded vote: 3 - 403, 6 Present (Roll no. 608).

2. Insdav3

Insdav3 Guest

So 571 Failed on 11/18 apparently, but what exactly does 572 say (since it passed 11/18)? Yes terminate troop deployment but..... "and providing for consideration of the concurrent resolution

wtf does that mean? Terminate troop deployment basicly when the 'resolution' has been filled?

3. Insdav3

Insdav3 Guest

4. DaRkPhAnToM

DaRkPhAnToM FML OT Supporter

damn it i want to go back to combat, fucking politicians

5. Insdav3

Insdav3 Guest

I am confused by what's going on with the proposed bill

6. TRN

TRN Well-Known Member

Pulling us all ot would be idiotic at thie point.

7. fintheman

fintheman I will ebay O/T!

Smart move by him, imho

The current situation needs SOMETHING to be done to it (THIS DOES NOT MEAN PULLING OUT) It would be nice if there was a time line, start getting some people home, start scaling back, etc., And that chick that has never served calling out a Marine was out of line. Stupid bitch.

-fin

8. TheNewMonaro

TheNewMonaro New Member

As I recall 572 baically meant 571 failed but they're still going to talk about it more, that would be the consideration.

9. TheNewMonaro

TheNewMonaro New Member

Nope, 412 were there, six of them abstained.

10. Insdav3

Insdav3 Guest

Yeah if I remember right, the guy who called this was a former Marine who served in Vietnam. I never heard about that girl calling him out though, that would be fun to see :eek5:

11. Ranger-AO

Ranger-AO I'm here for the Taliban party. Moderator

I still say anything that attempts to set a troop pullout timeline is bad. Let's just drop leaflets all over Iraq that say "hang on just a little bit longer - we'll be gone soon!"

12. Jyokker

Jyokker The trouser snake is very aggressive. It will corn

They do not have to be present. They show up, check in and leave.

13. greenpillow

greenpillow New Member

why would anyone want to go back to combat?

14. DaRkPhAnToM

to get revenge on the people who just seriously hurt a good buddy of mine

15. DaRkPhAnToM

QFT

16. greenpillow

greenpillow New Member

I can understand missing what you have been trainined to do.. but do you honestly think if you go back you will find the person who kidded your good buddy? .. these people are also killing people of their own kind.. i have tons of friends and neighbors whos loved ones are over there.. and that kind of excuse would prob. land some of these men in divorce because they are married and have kids.. "hey son your dad died because he had to get revenge on a group of people who killed his buddy" not very fair for the kids.. or the wife.. meh...

I rather all the troups come back.. and be safe here.. then being killed by car bombs and sucide attacks.. i think that the country has good type of people but i also think unless these people start taking a stand for themselves and kick the dumbfucks out.. we should not be loosing our men over it..

Blah blah.. yes i support bush.. no i dont think we should be there anymore.. untill they can help themselves.

17. DaRkPhAnToM

to each his/her own.