Requesting Windows Standby Support Please

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by NevaTrustWhitey, Sep 30, 2005.

1. NevaTrustWhitey

NevaTrustWhitey New Member

There is probably a real simple answer for this, but I will ask anyways. I built a computer a while back. It turns on fine, it shuts off fine, it even goes into hibernate fine. It does not get stuck on the "It is now safe to turn off your computer" screen.

My problem is when I choose to use standby, the system appears to go into standby, yet the computer itself stays on as I can hear the devices and fan still getting power. To someone looking at it, it would appear if just the screen turned off, however when i hit a key and it "wakes up", I can see the computer trying to regain its LAN connection.

Any ideas? I don't think it is a wrong pin issue because it starts up/shuts down/hibernates just fine.

Thanks in Advance.

2. rsxm5

rsxm5 OT Supporter

Thats what standby basically is. It's not a full on shut-down, because that is what Hibernate basically is. Standby on my computer shuts off the hard drives, and the fans monitored by the motherboard, but all the other fans and stuff stay running.

3. NevaTrustWhitey

NevaTrustWhitey New Member

I know what standby is, it consumes LESS power than running... Mine just shuts monitor off, seems as if everything else is running, and it should be running on low power, not full 100% power.