Requesting advice on coming detail of 2 year old Z28.

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by Ryuhei, Mar 30, 2004.

1. Ryuhei

Ryuhei Oh gawd

My Z28 was 2 years old last month. The first year I had it I did an occasional wax. Last year around this time I did a big day of detailing which included wash, claybar, wash, scratch X on some areas, polish, wax. I used regular old store-bought Meguiars burgundy bottle stuff and was very impressed (I had never done a wash/detail that involved before). Throughout the year I'd do an occasional polish & wax. This spring I want to claybar again, but polish and wax with some good stuff. Based on pictures and other things I've learned in this forum I think I want to try Vanilla Mouse and S100. I was in a collision last year and the hood and front bumper were repainted. The car is sunset orange metallic. What are your thoughts? Thanks!

2. Danno

Danno Bronx Poodle OT Supporter

Vanilla Moose and S100 is a good combo...you should be very pleased with it. :bigthumb:

3. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Vanilla Moose and Carnauba Moose are also good. Another very good wax to look at is Meguiars #16 Pro Paste Wax. Very similar look to S100 but super durable. If you want to go the sealant route, you can try Wolfgang products (see the product review sticky).