MIL Request knowledge on MOS 92G

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by 98formyws6, Aug 12, 2005.

1. 98formyws6

98formyws6 New Member

I'm thinking about re-enlisting after college (next year) into the National Guard. Anyone a 92G mos (cook) or know anything about it?

I've been to a few recuriters but I feel they are not being 100 percent and are just telling me what I want to hear. They told me I would go in as an E-4 because of my degree, one recuriter told me because of my prior service, I would not be able to do the 2 yr program if I chose to enlist active duty. Another one told me I would be able to do the 2 yr program, just not the 15 month one.

I want to go back into combat arms, or close as possible (I wont be able to go in as an 11 series because I am red/green deficit) So I figured if I chose the guard over the reserve, the guard is the combat arms so maybe I would be able to get attached to an infantry unit as a cook. How accurate is my depiction? thanks in advance

2. Coco Monkey

Coco Monkey OT Supporter

fuck 92G. they're getting rid of that MOS anyways.

im a 92Y, supply guy. as far as quartermaster jobs go, this is one of the better.

besides, all the 92Gs i know are dumb as fuck. i could only imagine the quality soldiers you'd be working with. :ugh: