[REQ]95 Integra, W/ '98+ Type-R/JDM Conversion

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by RoninJinn, Jul 8, 2006.

1. RoninJinn

RoninJinn Oh it's just *****girl...

Lookin' for pix of the 95 year 'Teg w/ the '98+ Type-R/JDM Conversion kit.

I just purchased a 95 teg that came with the kit, trying to see if it's worth gettin' installed.

2. StylishDOHC

StylishDOHC New Member

3. DINide

DINide New Member

the troof

4. RoninJinn

Thanks for the pic.

Now here's a question.. And I'm fighting with this.

I just purchased the '95 LS. Brand new tranny, and new engine w/ only 80k miles on it.

Should I...

A) Keep the '95 LS, Install Turbo, w/ the 98+ Type-R/JDM Conversion kit.

or

B) or buy '95 GSR, Turbo ?!?!?!?

I bought my LS for $4k, will sell it for a bit more w/ the kit. But found someone selling a '95 GSR for same. Should I sell the LS and buy a GSR then turbo, or should I keep LS, do front end conversion, and turbo... I'm so confused!!!

5. Wilddog

Wilddog OT Supporter

Best thing is to turbo your LS integra. Its a lower compression motor than the gsr, so its more boost friendly. Plus, I owned a gsr....REALLY disappointing. As for the front end, I also used to have a 1G integra, and the jdm 2g integra front end reminds me of it. So I dont like it. Plus, guy I know who has the jdm front gets asked all the time "why did you do a 1g conversion to the front of your car??" :nono:

6. StylishDOHC

StylishDOHC New Member

1st gen Integras have pop-up headlights:hsugh:......Anyway i would sell the LS and buy the GSR if you can break even doing it.It will make much more power per pound of boost, and isn't any less "boost friendly" as long as the tuner knows what he is doing. Buy a Peakboost kit, A hondata S100b and a limited slip for your tranny.Get a good safe tune to 300whp (should only take 10-12 lbs. boost) and run 12's.

7. huntz0r

huntz0r New Member

I must be the only one who thinks the JDM gen 3 Integra nose is kind of bland :dunno:

It's just a pair of streamlined, rectangular H4 reflector-style headlights. Almost identical to the ones on a '94-97 Accord.

8. RoninJinn

You can't tell me that the pic above doesn't look absolutely sexxay

9. Wilddog

Wilddog OT Supporter

Sorry, meant g2, not g1. I didnt really get into hondas because I was so unimpressed by my old gsr. And btw, I know 2 people with boosted integras. Both LS, because they are lower compression motors. You think that because the gsr is a higher hp motor, boosting it will subsequently give you more hp. Little do you know that in the long run, the ls and its lower compression permit for high boost values, especially once engine internals are upgraded. THEREFORE, making it more 'boost friendly'

As far as I was aware the higher compression on the gsr limits to about 6-8psi if you like your motor and want to keep it a while. The LS on the other hand is more like 10-12psi. Sad thing is that Ive never moded a honda and I know this :o

10. huntz0r

huntz0r New Member

It looks good, sure, but not enough better than the USDM style to be worth spooging over (or paying for).

As a contrast, the S13 Silvia with its double or triple projector headlights is a facelift that I would consider worthwhile... it's very "different" looking. But I still don't like it on hatches, because the lines don't really work.

11. StylishDOHC

StylishDOHC New Member

Sad thing is, you are full of shit.NO motor is limited to a set amount of boost.6 lbs. of boost on a small T25 will not move the same volume of air or create the same peak HP as say a GT35R at the same boost level.What kills motors, whether it be breaking piston ringlands, breaking rods, or cracking sleeves is detonation.

A couple years ago proper engine management for turbo Honda's was still too expensive, so they were improperly tuned with FMU's, SAFC hack and other stop gap solutions, and most setups didn't last long because of this.The GS-R and B16 cars were more likely to experience detonation under boost because they have higher compression ratio's, like you mentioned.With proper tuning now availble for cheap (crome, uberdata,hondata etc...) you can feel safe boosting the higher compression motors providing you have a good tuner in your area.

That being said, the general safe limit for the B-Series motors LS,GS-R,B16,B17) is in the 300whp range before you need to start thinking about piston/rod upgrades.The B16 and GS-R motors, with the higher compression and MUCH better head design will make more power per pound of boost and have powerband's that are more suitable for the limited traction you get with a FWD car.Also they have the potential to get past 400whp with just pistons and rods, a hp figure that requires massive headwork,cams,valvetrain,IM etc. with an Ls motor.