GUN Reported gunman turns out to be false alarm

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by TL1000RSquid, May 24, 2007.

1. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

http://www.bellinghamherald.com/256/story/86508.html

Reported gunman turns out to be false alarm
    Advertisement
    THE BELLINGHAM HERALD
    emailE-mail | printPrint | bookmarkBookmark
    Digg it del.icio.us AIM
    comment comment on this story (12)

UPDATED AT 10:19 A.M.

BELLINGHAM -- A major police action turned out to be a case of mistaken identity this morning, when a man reported to be carrying an assault rifle was instead carrying a prosthetic leg to a medical office building.

Police barricaded several blocks near downtown Bellingham after a woman called 911 to report that she saw a man enter the Chestnut Professional Building with what she thought was a rifle.

The building in the 800 block of East Chestnut Street, near the south campus of St. Joseph Hospital, was locked down and police conducted a floor-by-floor search.

When no suspect was found, police evacuated the building and the woman who reported the incident spotted the office worker who had carried the prosthetic leg.

"Everyone did everything right ... they allowed us to do our job," said Deputy Chief David Doll of Bellingham Police Department. "Like we hoped, it turned out go be a good situation today."

The building houses offices for Whatcom Alliance for Healthcare Access, St. Joseph Hospital Foundation and Whatcom Hospice Foundation, among others.

The incident shut down several blocks around the building as officers from Bellingham Police, the Whatcom County Sheriff's Office, Western Washington University Police and Washington State Patrol responded to the scene. A U.S. Customs and Border Protection helicopter patrolled the area to check the building's rooftop.

St. Joseph's patients in the south campus area were moved to a safe location, said Nicci Noteboom, St. Joseph's spokeswoman.

Patients in the south campus area are there for in-patient rehabilitation, out-patient physical therapy and behavioral health services, she added.

:rofl: stupid cunt

2. Aequitas

Aequitas If it keeps on raining, levee's going to break.

:roflwtf: Maybe she's seen one too many spy movies?

3. t1h

t1h Guest

they should lock her up for being an idiot and wasting police manpower and taxpayer money

4. Gimik

Gimik New Member

wow. I thought the UK for sure, but I guess that's in WA.

5. Wave

Wave Carlos Spicy Weiner

BWHAHAHAHA I live in Bellingham and my wife actually works at the hospital that got locked down (she didn't work today). When we heard that it was happening in the Chestnut Professional Building she actually said "it's probably someone carrying in a prosthetic leg..."

:rofl:

6. kf4zht

kf4zht New Member

My highschool got evacuated when a metronome starting beeping in some kids backpack. Called bomb squad and everything.

Everytime I see shit like this I remember that day. If people had enough sense to know what a gun looks like, or that a real bomb wouldn't beep or tick, it would make the world better. It's as bad as the damn idiots that foward those fake virus warnings, when 2 seconds on google shows their fake.

7. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

i hope that bitch hasnt had kids.