MMA Report: Koscheck Re-Signs with UFC

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by Tanner Rhoden, Mar 27, 2008.

1. Tanner Rhoden

Tanner Rhoden New Member

http://mmajunkie.com/news/4020/report-koscheck-re-signs-with-ufc.mma

Josh Koscheck (10-2 MMA, 8-2 UFC), a stand-out from the first season of "The Ultimate Fighter" who's since emerged as a top welterweight contender, has re-signed with the UFC.

The report comes from Adam Morgan of fivesouncesofpain.com, citing sources close to negotiations.

Koscheck's original nine-fight UFC contract, which he signed after appearing on the UFC's reality series in 2005, was recently fulfilled after his UFC 82 victory over Dustin Hazelett earlier this month.

Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Earlier this month Koscheck defeated Hazelett with a second-round stoppage. The youngster gave Koscheck a tough fight, but the American Kickboxing Academy fighter eventually ended it with a second-round knockout.

The fight was Koscheck's first since an August loss to Georges St. Pierre, which snapped his five-fight win streak and cost him a shot at the title.

Koscheck is now 8-2 in the UFC, with six victories in his past seven fights. Since his transition into MMA, the former collegiate wrestling stand-out and four-time Division I All-American has become one of the welterweight division's most well-rounded fighters.

As MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) reported earlier this week, Koscheck is expected to next fight Chris Lytle at UFC 86, an event that takes place July 5 in Las Vegas.

2. RMarks

RMarks New Member

Hopefully Lytle tools him at 86.

3. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

I'm glad to see Lytle put into contentions.

this should be an awesome fight.

4. Tanner Rhoden

Tanner Rhoden New Member

That would be nice.....on that note.....Koscheck via UD

5. Titus

Titus New Member

yea, i think cos will take lytle. he's just a superior athlete and shows a lot of improvement each fight.

6. CallSecurityNow

CallSecurityNow OT Supporter

Lytle is a state boxing champ. Koscheck needs to take the fight down and GnP

7. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

werd. lytle doesnt have the best takedown defense, he is likely to spend the majority of the fight on his back. I think it will look liek the koschek joslin fight with no rubber guard.

however, if koscheck tries to stand like he did in his last fight i think he might get put out. he got dropped a couple times by hazelett, i think lytle would do much worse to him.

8. Titus

Titus New Member

. i agree. lytle's hands aren't bad and i think his standup is better than koschecks still. kos needs to use his wrestling and keep lytle on his back