A&P Repeat color correction

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by AmosBanks, May 19, 2009.

1. AmosBanks

AmosBanks New Member

I have been bouncing my SB600 off the ceiling for a more even light. Many of my photos are of my children. The ceilings in my home are a peach color and it gives the photos an odd shade

[​IMG]

Once I figure out the correction in PS, is there a way to save it so I can apply the same correction to all photos bounced off the peach ceiling? Would it be better to dial in the correction on the camera (D80) before I take the photo?

Here are some other photos bounced off a white ceiling and that's when I noticed the difference.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks OTAP!

2. someonenew

someonenew He's Dangerous

you could pre white balance for the "optimal" answer, but this means that everytime your conditions change you'd have to change your WB. How easy is that when shooting kids in a home and constantly moving? not really.

the other option, since you mentioned photoshop, is top select all the photos you want to edit in Bridge, open them to Raw. Do any adjustments to your initial image ie white balance, exposure, saturation etc, and then select all the photos and hit synchronize. This will then apply all those same settings to every photo you selected.

3. AmosBanks

AmosBanks New Member

That's why I asked about pre-WB. It's the same shade in the first three rooms in my house. Would the WB be the same adjustment as long as it's the same color ceiling?

4. someonenew

someonenew He's Dangerous

light will react differently in each room based upon multiple factors, not just the shade of paint on the ceiling.

5. GlobeGuy

GlobeGuy New Member

Ditch the photoshop and go lightroom. Once you make your settings "perfect" for one of the pictures in that orange ceiling room, you can copy that setting across as many pictures as you want (you may still need to make some minute tweaks here and there afterward).

6. wizeguy4

wizeguy4 New Member

open all pictures in Bridge

click on one picture and hit CTR+R (opens ACR in bridge

adjust settings for that one picture that you want to make global

click done

Back in Bridge hit CTRL+A

right click and choose develop settings -> previous conversion

done

7. AmosBanks

AmosBanks New Member

I guess this is turning into a PS tutorial. Here is the corrected shot
    [​IMG]

My adjustments thus far have been to select Levels and then click on something white, black or gray. For this photo I chose the gray on the TV in the background. Where can I find a slider that will make a similar adjustment in increments?

8. jared_IRL

jared_IRL OT Supporter

for batch processing, Photoshop is not ideal.

The people suggesting Bridge or Lightroom are correct. if you want to batch things, you need to get to a program that's made for quick and repeatable editing. Photoshop is not that.

Seriously, you could probably go into bridge or LR, select all images, and select the 'auto' white balance button, and be satisfied with the results for these. it would be that easy.