SRS Reoccurring Nightmares

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Mugwump, Jul 5, 2006.

1. Mugwump

Mugwump Guest

I miss the reoccurring nightmares about zombies and sharks, which we kind of cool, because for the last year I've had reoccurring nightmares of forgetting to do stuff. It can be anything or nothing at all, but sometimes I wake up with this fear that I forgot about something and now it's past due or out of control.

I've had dreams that:

- I bought pet rattlesnakes and let them run around my apartment. I woke up with this fear that I forgot to put them away and now they're slithering around my room.

- I bought two pet dogs and put them in a kennel in the basement storage locker. I forgot about them for two weeks in their kennel, and now they're canine skeletons.

- I forgot to pay car insurance.

- I forgot to do something at work, and now the deadline has came and went.

- I parked in a tow zone.

- Just waking up with a random fear that I forgot to do something.

- Etc etc

I'm not that stressed out, really! And I'm sick of these dreams/nightmares!

2. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Well why not use that 'forgetfullness' to your advantage to forget these nightmares?

I always fight against the situation in my nightmares. In your dream decide you do something against it,

With every action that you do in your dream write it down so you won't forget. Any kind of counter offensive will do.

I personally would just lose interest in all these things, forget the snakes running loose, let them run freely, let the dogs die, park in a tow zone, and don't pay for your car insurance, don't reach your dead-line and be fine if you forget something, because in the end its only a dream and you won't suffer any consequenses of forgetting things in your dream now do you?

3. Mugwump

Mugwump Guest

Had a dream lastnight that I forgot to water somoeone else's plants for three weeks. :(

4. Mugwump

Mugwump Guest

I had a dream lastnight that I forgot to feed my birds for two weeks and they died.

...Except I don't have any birds.

...And I live in a pet-prohibited apartment building.

This sucks so bad.

5. EPD Hater

EPD Hater New Member

Do you believe that the forgetfulness in your dreams is symbolizing something?

It's apparent that, even though you don't have any pets, half of your dreams were about pets. I always think that pets symbolize entities/people/tasks that rely on you for care--things that are needy. Does something on a larger scale in your life need attention, or have you been procrastinating a life goal?

6. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

You know even if you forget something, its not the end of the world. Even if terrible things happen, you should be able to say to yourself, ok its bad but i can live with it, and don't have to worry about it.

7. civicmon

civicmon got all my game from the streets of california.

umm check some of those "what does this dream mean" websites... may help in understanding. There's an entire scientific industry to dreaming and it may help... have anything going on in your life?

8. moonie

moonie u want a FRANKYUM?

um i know this might seems totally unrelated but u can prolly try taking natural supplement such as St. John's Wort.. i only mention it because it has helped me BIG time with repetitive nightmares and weird mood after..