GUN Renting guns

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by puppeteer107, Oct 19, 2006.

1. puppeteer107

puppeteer107 Be mine, sister salvation

Ya'll always say to rent handguns before investing one, but what kind of ranges do that? The only by us is just a range that you show up and shoot at, there's no one running the place other than opening and closing the gate. Do private NRA ranges do it? We have a few of those withing driving distance. :dunno:

2. Ford4Life

Ford4Life Guest

Usually indoor ranges rent guns.

It isn't cheap, and be ready to get fucked on ammo. Most places that rent guns only charge you something like $5 per gun, but you must use their ammo only and it's always overpriced. Depending on how much they charge per hour for a lane it can cost anywhere from $25-$40 to rent and try out a gun.

3. Gimik

Gimik New Member

:werd:

4. Powderburn

Powderburn New Member

the range by me has a flat 10 dollar rental fee for their entire rental gun display...u can shoot one thing, then bring it back and try something else and not get charged for each gun u wanna try...however, you must use their ammo and as an example, a box of blazer 9mm will run you about 11.99.

5. Pale_Rider

Pale_Rider New Member

6. mvizos

mvizos New Member

you're in VA (I believe), but unfortunately your not anywhere near me. blue ridge arsenal in chantilly rents guns, but thats a hell of a trip for you to try out guns.

7. Want2race

Want2race Fearless

I believe in taking ammo and asking ppl if you can try a few rounds in their gun and say your considering buying one.

I would def let someone try mine if they asked

8. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

None of the public ranges I goto rent, theres a few gun shops that have there own ranges here they may rent :dunno: The two i know of with ranges also happen to be ridiculously overpriced and i dont go into them anymore.

9. puppeteer107

puppeteer107 Be mine, sister salvation

That's a thought. I should just buy a box of every caliber I'm interested and ask peeps if they want to put a few rounds through my AR or Marlin in exchange for emptying a magazine or two.

10. Wave

Wave Carlos Spicy Weiner

Range by me (ran by... get this... this Parks Dept.) rents guns at their indoor range. I think it's $7.50 a gun plus their ammo.