A&P Rent Lenses/Equipment - Has anyone rented something and shipped it elsewhere?

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Wobistdu, Dec 16, 2009.

1. Wobistdu

Wobistdu Guest

Kind of an odd question, and I know I need to talk to the rental places. However, I'm probably going to Utah in March. I'd like to rent maybe a lens or a nice tripod. Has anyone ever rented something and shipped it to their destination?

I wonder how it would work to have the tripod sent to my hotel and then have them ship it back. I'd hate to carry it on the plane.

2. Wobistdu

Wobistdu Guest

Hmmm lensrentals said they will ship to any UPS facility to hold for me. That's convenient :bowdown:

3. pawis

pawis werd em up

i've had a rental lens shipped to my brother's house down in arizona when i knew i was gonna be heading down to visit. i'm not sure how you would handle that if you had it sent to a hotel or something. i think you can setup a hold at a fedex facility near your destination maybe?

4. Wobistdu

Wobistdu Guest

yeah it would be so nice. taking a tripod on a plane is stupidly painful.

5. wizeguy4

wizeguy4 New Member

when i went to disney last year, mikeskillz of lensloaners shipped my lens to the hotel and I got it when I arrived and then shipped it back before I left from a ups store. it worked great