A&P Renaissance Festival Oct 2009

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Wobistdu, Dec 13, 2009.

1. Wobistdu

Wobistdu Guest

Went back and realized I never touched these pics. I found it to be difficult to take pics at this place. Most of it is in the forrest, and it was a bright day. The result was drastic spots of sun and shade.

Used my nikon 55-200 4-5.6. Quickly realized the limitations of shooting movement with it under less than great light. Also used all aperture mode for this, a habit I'm trying to break now.

In any case enjoy. Comments/Criticism welcome. I realize many of these are snapshots.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13 (these 2 were on stilts and about 10ft in the air)

[​IMG]

14 (would have been my favorite picture if i didn't fuck it up and take it with the wire in the way)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If anyone has some tips on how to deal with lighting like this I'd appreciate it greatly. A sweet 80-200 or 70-200 2.8 would have been night and day diff here. I dont think I could have attempted fill flash. They would have been annoyed.

2. Cesium

Cesium OT Supporter

You cropped some of your subjects' feet off.

Fill flash is definitely the best way to deal with the harsh lighting, but you are right; it has a tendency to piss people off when shooting candids like this.

3. Wobistdu

Wobistdu Guest

:werd:

i know better than that now. frustrates me when i see a pic i like only to realize they are standing on their ankles

4. Cesium

Cesium OT Supporter

Try recropping so you're cutting them at the middle of the calf or thigh instead. Usually looks more natural.

For example, you can crop #25 much tighter and get a more interesting shot. The girl in the background off to the left putting something in her bag kind of takes away from the moment.

5. derekOT

derekOT New Member