Removing Woolite droplets from cloth trunk interior

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by deadW8, Jun 1, 2005.

1. deadW8

deadW8 New Member

Went shopping and bought some woolite...fucking cap wasn't locked on tight and some of it dribbled out onto my trunk's cloth interior. Tried to dab it out with some cold water and a towel and it's just foaming/bubbling.

What should I do? I don't want to see stains or discoloration.

2. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Spray it down with more water, scrub, wet vac, repeat as needed.

3. NorthPac

NorthPac New Member

Wet vacuum it up with warm water spray intil there is no resadue left, woolite is not that strong of a cleaning solution if you are worried about staining your cloth interior it won't. If it does chance color of your cloth interior more in likely it took what ever was in the your cloth interior in the first place when you removed the woolite that spilled. If that is the case just clean the rest of your interior with mixure of woolite.

Oh and other thing if your trunk's cloth interior has a cardboard backing plate it might warp if it gets wet.

--------------------------------

Hey Scott you have 21,773 posts I only counted 20,549, but still beats all my 69 posts I have

Last edited: Jun 2, 2005
  4. deadW8

deadW8 New Member

Thanks guys, I just continued to use a wet towel and kept dabbing at it and then finally gave up (used cold water on the towel). Fortunately, I guess since it's a hatchback/wagon, the sun did the rest and it looks like it dried up and as far as I can tell no discoloration or stains (thank god for black cloth).

Unfortunately, I don't have a wet vac or else I'd have probably gone that route. It was just a few dribbled out drops here and there (about five droplets and one bigger quarter sized drop) but it seems to be fine now...I've tried running my hand through there and it feels dry but a little sticky still but as NorthPac mentioned I don't want the cardboard/pressboard backing plate to warp.

5. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

I actually have over 30,000 posts but when OT switched to a new version of VB a few years ago, when they would prune the main forum, it would dump posts every time. I went from over 14,000 posts to around 2500, where it stayed for a good 3 months before they figured out how to keep that version of VB from resetting post counts. :dunno: