Removing Wax

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by DMClark, Oct 12, 2002.

1. DMClark

DMClark Active Member

When it comes to removing the wax are all the dish washing soaps equal at this job?

Also, should I notice and like bit of wax coming off or anything of the like?

(About to run out and get s100.)

2. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

You won't really notice anything "coming off" the car and yes all detergents are the same. But, if you haven't polished recently, you should polish before waxing instead of washing with the detergent. In addition to removing paint oxidation and other defects, polishing will strip wax. That's why you always wax after a polish.

3. DMClark

DMClark Active Member

I guess I'll pick up some polish then. Suppose to conserve water here.. but...

4. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Unless you need to completely strip the wax to paint a car or to switch to a synthetic wax that won't bond to any other wax or polish, then it is preferable to remove old wax with a polish.

If your paint is in good shape, the S100 Shine Enhancing Paint Cleanser (SEPC) is a very good light polish that will clean and micropolish the paint and leave down some nice replentishing oils that will enhance the S100 paste wax shine.