Removing Swirls

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by biawokauns, Feb 27, 2002.

1. biawokauns

biawokauns New Member

....help!

2. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Read the product list--swirl removers are addressed in there.

I need more information to help you further. How bad are the swirls? What steps have you taken up to this point? Is this a new car that was screwed up by the dealer? If so, then make them fix it.

3. biawokauns

biawokauns New Member

hi scott, thanks for the reply.

i've already read over the product list and have most of the listed products.

the swirls aren't that bad, i used a buffer to take off the wax and it left swirls. i wiped up the excess wax/oil with a cotton shirt and it picked most swirls up.

there's some minor ones i'm curious how to take out.

btw, i used the high tech yellow #7 to do the waxing job. here's a few pics.

4. biawokauns

biawokauns New Member

5. bmf

bmf Guest

Those swirls are hideous.

j/k. The car looks terrific.

Meguiar's #7 is a glaze that is designed to remove and fill swirls with fillers and oils. Application/removal is best with a buffer and a super soft bonnet as glaze can be hard on the ol' arms with all the buffing it needs. Then you follow with a coat of your favorite wax with cleaner, like Meguiar's #26.

Swirls on a black car are a total bitch. I've owned several dark colored cars (two black ones) and the truth is you never remove 100% of the swirls. A ton of buffing with #7 will do a killer job but the swirls will come back eventually. Just a fact of life with a black car.

Use microfiber towels for product removal and consider using flannel cloth for application. One problem might be that the applicators you're using are causing swirls and micro-marring. So ya gotta use the softest things available.

Good luck.

6. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

First of all, stop using a buffer to wax your car, especially if you are using a wool pad. Wool is only for cutting. Use foam pads if you must use a buffer.

I can't really see the swirls in the pic, but you should first try #7 and if that doesn't help, then try #9 Swirl Remover 2.0.

7. abysmal

abysmal Guest

whatever you do DO NOT go to the dealership to have them remove swirls. 9 times out of 10 the clean up guy for them is just some high school kid that doesnt know what the hell hes doing and he'll mess it up even more. How do you think they got there in the first place?

8. HAHAHA

LMMFAO...this is so funny cause my friend chris (highschool kid) is the main detailer at the Dodge dealership for new cars. He can't even wash his own damn car right (never washes the bottom part LOL) so I don't see how he'd do a good job on new cars.