Removing pin stripes...

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by Short Bus, Jan 24, 2002.

1. Short Bus

Short Bus Beep beep!

...alrighty, I just bought a WR Blue Pearl WRX and it has pin stripes on it. I think the car would look much much better without them, but I'm trying to figure out what it would take to remove them and if it's a job that I would feel comfortable doing.

Could anybody explain what I would have to do? The only thing I can think of is take a razor blade to get it started and then hopefully it'll peel right off. Only problem is, I don't like the idea of taking a razor to my paint.

Help please??? Thanks!

2. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Use either a heat gun or a blow dryer to heat up the area, which should soften the adhesive. Usually, you can remove it pretty easily once you warm the area up. Just get your thumbnail underneath and slowly begin to remove the pinstripes-sometimes, once you get started, you can get it all in one piece.

Once you have removed all the pinstripes, then you need to use a polish to remove any remaining adhesive, then wax whatever you polished.

3. Short Bus

Short Bus Beep beep!

I suppose Megs #7 polish will do the trick?

The dealer also installed door edge guards, should I use the #7 on that as well to remove the left over adhesive when I remove those?

Thanks for the advice again Scotty, I really appreciate it. :)

4. anfrey

anfrey ɹǝƃuoɯǝɔɐǝd

hi, i dunno if u still need advice on this. but here's this: if you're lazy, just take it to the dealer after detailing your car (gotta have a clean ride to do it) and have them bust their ass for you. if something fucks up, it's their fault (not yours).

Last edited: Sep 21, 2002