Removing old version of Windows

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Cyndia, Jul 30, 2006.

1. Cyndia

Cyndia New Member

Hey guys.. I dont come in here often b/c I wouldnt be able to help anyone b/c i dont know much about computers...... but I have a question/problem with mine that i would really appreciate if i could get some help...

I got a lap top from a friend that he used for his work... There are some company security things on it, so i figured the best way to do it is just install a new version of windows and that would solve my probs...

Now i'm having some problems, I.e i cant send big files to someone (i can with my home computer) and more.... I also have to "select" windows XP (2000 was the old version) when i start my computer.

How do i remove the old version? I dont think i completely removed the old version that was on this comp by installing WinXP, because there are still some folders on here from his work (that i cant access thougH)....

any help would be appreciated :)

2. Doc Brown

Doc Brown Don't make me make you my hobby

That means you did an upgrade. Do you have a full version of XP?
    If so, you could just do a full reformat/install.

3. Cyndia

Cyndia New Member

thanks,
    you're right, I did do an upgrade. I dont have a full version, but could get one at some point.

any other way of getting "rid" of the old version? guess not since it was an upgrade eh?

4. Schproda

Schproda New Member

You can remove it from your startup options if you want to just do that.