Removing Desktop icons

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Ham Sammich, Dec 11, 2005.

1. Ham Sammich

Ham Sammich New Member

I need to know how to do this or if there is a program i can download that will just not show them. I can't from right clicking on my desktop and de-selecting "show desktop icons" because I don't even have that as an option and from the display window I only have screen saver and screen resolution as tabs. I might not have it because I did have the blue screen of death but i just right click on pictures and select set as background. So if anyone can help me do this I would be grateful.

Thanks/

2. colosodian

colosodian Next Gen

I would be worrying more about why you dont have those options than about all the icons on your desktop.

3. Ham Sammich

Ham Sammich New Member

Yeah I know I think I am going to take it in and get them to reformat it for me because I have lost my windows xp disk and they just reinstall windows for me.

4. Yep

Yep Knick knack paddy whack, give the old dog a bone

I'm geussing Windows XP? You might have had a virus or spyware (or still do) that modified your group policy settings to prevent you from being able to perform those functions. Nastiest Spyware I ever saw was one that took over and dominated the desktop so it could show its ad. It locked down a lot of GP settings so you couldn't get rid of it if you were a casual user.