Removing Baffles? I need a good write up!

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Boudreaux, Dec 14, 2004.

1. Boudreaux

Boudreaux Active Member

Someone please point me in the right direction on a detailed write up on how to remove the baffles from a stock pipe, that would be marvelous, thanks!

2. mnewell

mnewell Lucy.

What kind of bike? Here's some instructions on how to do it to an Aprilia. All bikes should be similar...

Remove the one spring holding the mid-pipe to the collector, just behind your right foot (as if you are seated on the bike). Remove the single exhaust canister bolt holding it to the rear sub-frame bracket (passenger peg). The baffle is located in the mid-pipe of the canister section. Look in the end, and just a few millimeters down you'll see some spot welds. Grind them down with whatever you can. A drill and a grinding stone will work just fine. Grab the baffle with a set of pliers or something similar. I actually use a spring hook puller. Using force, pull the baffle out of the mid-pipe. It takes force, and requires that the welds are broken. You can use a screwdriver to help you out with breaking the welds. Again, it takes FORCE and determination.

Or you could just dump that whole heavy boat anchor and get yourself a slip-on...

3. Boudreaux

Boudreaux Active Member

the bike is an '03 R6, and there are some that have pictures and stuff, i need pictures, lol

4. mnewell

mnewell Lucy.

:hs:

Pretty much all bikes are the same... I dunno why the write-up would be hard to follow.

:hs:

5. penfold

penfold New Member

why bother? you're not going to gain any signifigant power nor save any weight. better of getting a slipon.

vid - http://www.wiredout46.com/images/rossirep/rossi_rep_1.wmv

[​IMG]

6. HMan

HMan grossly deformed

WTF would you do this? Pipes with the baffles removed (especially stock pipes) sound horrible, tend to decrease performance, and can damage your valves by causing lean conditions.