MMA Remove 48 hour hold on Spoilers.... Yay or Nay?

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by checkii, Dec 30, 2007.

?

Yay or Nay?

1. If you dont want spoilers stay out of the Cage

28 vote(s)
    54.9%
  2. Spoilers are bad

17 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Drag On loves pole

6 vote(s)
    11.8%
  1. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

just seems futile and fodder for shit heads that dont even post in the cage forum to bitch and moan.

2. Titus

Titus New Member

remove it, all of us regulars catch the event when it airs or pretty soon after it airs, no need for a hold on spoilers.

3. Mountain Dude

Mountain Dude Here it comes, and there it goes, another day in d

Why remove it, is it really so hard to not put a spoiler in the thread title?

4. dengar

dengar seans is a afta marchsollwe in his gir! OT Supporter

Not being a dick here.. I am asking a serious question.

Why are you coming into the cage a day after an event if you haven't seen any of the fights?

Are you coming to get vid links?

Coming to discuss BJJ technique?

Other?

5. Optamix

Optamix New Member

I say remove it.

It always causes a shit storm so why have it?

Search Daily Motion/Youtube for vids if you want them.

6. dengar

dengar seans is a afta marchsollwe in his gir! OT Supporter

Everytime there is a Euro event I refuse to get onto Offtopic until after the tape delay has played because I fear that it may be spoiled for me.

I know I would be disappointed, so I avoid all situations where I could potential spoil the outcome for myself.

7. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

fuckin :werd:

8. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

:werd: just dont come in here if you dont want to be spoiled.

9. whup

whup I wish you had children and.. so that I could step

I stay away from any forums or websites where I might see spoilers. If I'm on IM and get a message from any of my MMA friends, I actually ignore them until I've seen the fights just in case hehe.

And the reason why I do this is because you just can't trust people to be considerate and not post spoilers.

There's nothing to stop us discussing the results all we fucking want for as many pages as we want: all you need to do is make sure the thread title isn't giving anything away. How hard is that really?

I haven't had a fight spoiled for me for a while (last one was Rampage v Liddell) but it'd still be nice to know there aren't going to be blatant spoiler threads if I accidentally browse here through habit.

Why can't we just open up a single UFC xx *SPOILERS* thread and stick to that?

10. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

everyone's point exactly. its futile.

11. Mountain Dude

Mountain Dude Here it comes, and there it goes, another day in d

I honestly never do check just for this reason if I miss the fights or have taped them, but I have seen people in here looking for links to download it, and what better place to check right? The rule does state that no spoilers for 48 hours.

12. furst

furst THE BOWRD OT Supporter

I just hate when the event is in some oddball timezone two squillion hours ahead of me and I come in here like a day before and catch spoilers. So far the the spoilers policy has kept that to a minimum.

13. Guz200sx

Guz200sx The man who does more than he is paid for will soo

sticky that!

14. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

:h5:

15. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

screw that ...

1. you might be responding to a thread you previously posted in and then your greeted by spoilers.
    2. your looking for the videos on ot because you havent seen it yet and then you get a spoiler.
    3. you did watch the event but for what ever reason you ended up missing a fight because you had massive diareah were running late or some shit went down

16. pepsi

pepsi Cut my life into pieces

sooner or later, it'll be a regular in the newspapers and such. get rid of it. resistance is futile

17. kronik85

kronik85 New Member

just put "*SPOILER*" in the title. it's easy as that. alot of people are looking to download the fights and come here for that. youtube, dailymotion, google video search turned up jack shit last night. and even though i was downloading them as soon as they popped up on the tracker, i didn't get done downloading everything until 4am est.

i don't think it necessarily needs to be a 48 hour rule, 24 hours would be decent.

18. miek

miek New Member

I say keep it. It's not that hard to just say SPOILER in the title, takes like 2 extra seconds of time. People shouldn't have to NOT come in here after the day of an event if they haven't seen it yet.... there's still lots of other stuff to read in here.

Definately keep it.

19. whup

whup I wish you had children and.. so that I could step

It would be futile if it was non regulars that posted spoilers (imagine how much they would get chewed out if they did?). But it's the regulars that do this without thinking twice. This is easily fixed.

I spend a lot of my internet time looking at MMA forums and sites because I love the sport. When it's getting around the time of the event, I'm pretty disciplined and keep away until I've seen it.

However sometimes I still browse to my links by habit when I'm bored, and it'd be nice to know that if I do that accidentally I'm not going to get spoilers for something I might have been anticipating for weeks or even months.

If we get rid of the spoilers policy, that's not going to stop the bitching. It'll probably create a shitstorm of bitching, especially from the non cage crew who don't come in here often except to find links for fights. The way to stop the bitching is really simple: not to post spoilers within the 48 hours.

I think that shortening the time to 24 hours or 32 hours might be better though, because 48 is too long I think.

A single spoiler thread for each event would be good too, and it'd be a nice single thread for discussion rather than a dozen small threads.

No matter what I'll still be sticking to my internet shun policy at event time :mamoru:

20. eyustfu

eyustfu ಠ_ಠ OT Supporter

remove it, not that hard to stay out of the cage either if you don't want anything spoiled.

21. lutharthegreat

lutharthegreat OT Supporter

I logged on to MSN this morning and it was right in my face, glad I watched the show and knew the outcome. So this isn't the only place that will ruin your day if you don't know the results.

22. Kenny Dalglish

Kenny Dalglish New Member

honestly mma is huge these days.. most sports websites will have results.. it isn't like back in the day when pride matches were on tape delay.. i dont think it makes sense.. just avoid the cage until you watch the matches

23. 2ofdem

2ofdem OT Supporter

how hard is it not to put it into the titles though I reckon leave but I have to download the events (Im in aus there is no way to get a PPV here)

24. HouseLing

HouseLing When masturbations lost its fun you'r fucking lazy

no on the removeing the rule, but lowering it would be fine, always thought 48 hours was long. its not hard to keep them out of the title, and putting a **SPOILER** in it instead.

but yeah, theres alot of whiny little bitches this weekend about it! shit happens, get the fuck over it and get out of the cage if your going to bitch so much about spoilers.

25. EG6

EG6 OT Supporter

Same here...I make sure I avoid OT/Sherdog and any other forum that I know discusses MMA.

Just because theres a rule that prohibits spoilers doesn't mean people will follow them. :hs: