Remote Starter?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by TommyBoiSxty9, Sep 29, 2002.

1. TommyBoiSxty9

TommyBoiSxty9 here, but I'm really gone

I have a 2000 Acura 3.2TL (which does have the 'chipped' smart key type deal)

I know this has to be bypassed - I have heard there are ways to do so by using a special module (as opposed to hiding an extra key in there) as hiding the extra key leaves it defeated all the time - whereas this unit only does so when it needs to. i.e. when it receives the command to start.

Further, what is a good starter to go with?

Also thinking of something I can add window roll-up/down and or sunroof close with?

Thanks!!!

2. Gavin

Gavin Active Member

My friend has the same car. He got a Viper 550 ESP on it with remote start. I dunno how it's done though and I'm not sure if he would know either since he got it done at a shop.

3. LOUDSYSTEM

LOUDSYSTEM Guest

hiding the key in there does NOT leave it defeated. The alarm tells the key module when to turn on. any DEI product is good. the Viper 550 is a nice unit check it out also youll need the 530T for window control youd need one per set of windows to go up and down or just the 529t for window up. the sunroof will use a 529t

4. TommyBoiSxty9

TommyBoiSxty9 here, but I'm really gone

What do u think it would run to install a viper & modules for windows?

is there (i thought i saw it somewhere once) a thing that you can program "like" a key - but cheaper than the actual keyf or the car??

cuz i only have one spare and I dont wanna buy another nor use my spare. My Valet key is MIA.

Just hide the key (or "unit") deep in the engine compartment somewhere right?

5. alnen

alnen Guest