Remote Starter & Vehicle KeyChip Immobilizer thin

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by TommyBoiSxty9, Dec 30, 2001.

1. TommyBoiSxty9

TommyBoiSxty9 here, but I'm really gone

I have a 2000TL with the security chip in the key thing...
    I was reading the VIPER 550 manual saying in troubleshooting that if the car is starting and shutting off -- it could be because of the code key--does that mean u cant put it in cars with this feature? Or you can if its done right?
    thanks

2. LOUDSYSTEM

LOUDSYSTEM Guest

you need to go buy the 555U.. you need an extra key that has a chip in it and the key goes inside the box.. for the best security its best to cut the key part off all you need is the top part where the acura logo is.. and it goe sinside of this box.. then the box has 2 wires to the alarm and a plug with a loop of wire that goes around the ignition assembly..

with out this your car will NOT start with car start.. at all there is 100% NO WAY around this

3. TommyBoiSxty9

Ack those fuckin keysare like upwards of 100bucks at the dealer ... i do have one extra...

a COPY will open doors right? just not start it? (like the cheap walmart copy)

So they just stick the key in the box??

4. LOUDSYSTEM

LOUDSYSTEM Guest

that is correct you need the rf chip that is inside of the top of the key.. thats what lets it start.. its an rf signal which means radio frequency.. its not direct like in the older gms with vats etc.. and yes i know the keys are expensive :( thats the poopy part.. a cheapy copied key will only unlock the doors etc.. it wont allow the car to start

the good key with the chip fits inside of the box.. i recomend cutting the metal off though so if a theif could find the box he couldnt start the car :)

5. LOUDSYSTEM

LOUDSYSTEM Guest

6. TommyBoiSxty9

U have AdelphiaPowerlink!
    that looks like the mouse pad they gave me lol

7. MyBigNut

MyBigNut www.trymynuts.com

that leads me to a question.

the whole point to the immobilizier is so the car cant be started unless the person has an original key. so if the key thing is in the car.. the feature is basically disabled, in order to be able to use the remote start.

which means the car can be started if the key is a copy... right? because the immobilizer would be in the car.... :confused:

8. TommyBoiSxty9

:confused: :confused:

9. LOUDSYSTEM

LOUDSYSTEM Guest

no the 555U only lets the ALARM start the car.. if you try to hot wire it the system will still stop the car from starting