GUN Remington Model 7615 Tactical Rifle

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by RyeLou, Jul 20, 2007.

1. RyeLou

RyeLou OT Supporter

I was looking around at Benelli M4 style shotguns and wound up on Remingtons website. They have the Model 1100 Tac 2 shotgun which seems decent (and less expensive)

Anyhow, I see this Model 7615 Tactical Rifle. I realize Remington is trying to push this whole "tactical" thing, but this seems kind of pointless. A tactical pump style rifle seems very self defeating. You lose the speed of a semi-auto rifle and I'd imagine it isn't any more accurate than a regular center fire rifle...assuming it's even that accurate. It does look interesting though. Anyone have any experience with them?

Link to the .pdf file on Rem's website:
    http://www.remington.com/pdfs/Tactical_products.pdf

2. spooney

spooney WTF Sony?

I could see a benefit to it for police forces, easier to train officers who are used to the 870 to use. Same manual of arms and what not.

3. idleprocess

idleprocess Bring a dollar with you baby in the cold cold grou

I remember reading some harsh review of the 7615 from a LEO perspective - basically their thought was that it was going to be 50/50 that it actually worked in SHTF scenario. Otherwise, reviews seem to be positive from people that don't like scary black rifles...

4. T0nyGTSt

T0nyGTSt New Member

they themselves say that it's an alternative to AR15s in "environments not suited to assault style weapons"

and then they tacticool them with AR15 style pistol grips and stocks...

5. RyeLou

RyeLou OT Supporter

The only review(s) I've managed to dig up, for the most part, said some shoot pretty good and some shot great but there was a noticable difference between them. Another guy said he loved it and thought it was an excellent rifle and had other positive things to say.

I'm thinking about picking one up for $598 after all the taxes and fees and crap.

6. [DWI]

[DWI] Master of Nothing

the only tactical advantage I can see to that rifle is quicker clearing of a jam or fail to fire, than an AR. then again, if your rifle has loads of jams and fail to loads you probably shouldn't be trusting you life to it and if your ammo has lots of fail to fires you either need a different spring on the firing pin or to switch ammo. :dunno:

7. RyeLou

RyeLou OT Supporter

I wouldn't necessarily be putting my life behind this specific gun. Theres three shotguns in the house and a handgun to pick from other than this rifle if I were to get it. However...all the shotguns have 28" barrels and wouldn't be the best choice either I guess. I'm looking for something to have fun with but I'd like to be able to use it for home protection as well. It doesn't necessarily have to be in the same gun...buying two isn't a problem. The handgun is an XD in .40 that my brother has.