GUN Remington 9mm 100 Round JHP Value Packs

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by lvkyle, Oct 7, 2004.

1. lvkyle

lvkyle I am a punk rocker!

$15 at wal-mart for 100. 115 grain HP's.
    Any one have any experience with these rounds? I bought 500 the other day and had some FTF problems on my p-89 only when inserting new mag into gun with slide open. The rounds head would get stuck on the slide.

If I manully closed slide they worked great, and no other problems.. And worked great other than that. Might be my gun it is a little dirty p-89 with 10 round mags.

They were going to replace the WWB target rounds I usually buy since shooting hollow points at stuff out in the desert is more fun than ball, but with $3 difference per 100 rounds and the FTF problem I might stick with WWB.

2. Y2kAccord

Y2kAccord Everything happens for reasons I just dont know

I always use WWB and have almost 2k rounds and havent had any problems in my P-89T

3. Furner

Furner New Member

i put one box of those HPs thru my XD without any problems

4. SS109

SS109 3100 FPS OT Supporter

No problems here.
    Maybe lubricate up the Ruger a little more.

5. Y2kAccord

Y2kAccord Everything happens for reasons I just dont know

P-89's are finicky when they arent cleaned all the way, if you shot 500 at once maybe the gun got to dirty and was FTF because of that.

The only time mine has ever FTF is when it was dirty.. that is why I didnt blame the gun, it was my fault, now I take it apart and clean it down to even with a Q-tip

6. copiertalk

copiertalk Secure Our Borders! OT Supporter

what did you lube the gun with and how much? oil and debris is equal to a mudd of sort. i would strip the gun and clean it real well. then take it back to the range. i have not had any FTF on my p89 with then but i strip my guns as soon as i get back from the range.

7. ryanbum

ryanbum Its the one that says Bad Mother Fucker on it

some guns, esp. 1911's have trouble feeding a HP round when you slowly, manually release the slide.

8. user32

user32 Guest

All autos are designed to have their slide released and snap forward. As mentioned above if you ease the slide forward it will normally cause miss-feeding. Also make sure that the rounds are seated in the back of the magazine. You may also try removing the 10th round from the magazine only use 9. Some 10 round mags are really tight and the spring pressure on forces the first round to missfeed. Also some guns simply don't like to feed certain types of bullets.

I have put sever thousand rounds of the WWB through my G19 and not had a single Failure. I have not tried the hollowpoints.

9. lvkyle

lvkyle I am a punk rocker!

I think some of you are mis understanding me.

Im shoving a new mag in after i just fired the old mag. Usually when you shove the new mag in " i shove it tight" the pistol automatically chambers the round and is good to go. Instead of that happening the first round gets jamed up at the top of the slide.

I went shooting today "range report with pictures soon :)" and had no problems with same ammo when inserting a new mag and i havent cleaned gun yet.

Im using standered gun cleaning kit lube. Im guessing it might just be dirty.