SRS remembering suppressed memories

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Evil_Gemini, Nov 13, 2005.

1. Evil_Gemini

Evil_Gemini New Member

Hi all.

Is there a way to try and remember things i have most probably blocked out from my child hood ? Im not sure if i want to remember but i feel that i need to know some stuff.

My father was extrememly abusive and all i can remember are bits and peices of him smacking my mother and sisters around.

I dont want to see a psychiatrist because i used to see them when i was little and... yeah i just dont like them.

2. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Sounds like you are in for a regression, you could simply ask for them to hypnotize you and let you try to remember things from this life too.

3. Evil_Gemini

Evil_Gemini New Member

what does that mean ?

Also, im afraid of being hypnotize. Do they just do something and it easier for you to remember things ? they ask you stuff while you are hypnotized then tell you the stuff later ?

4. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Well nothing to be afraid of as long as they don't try to scam you for 12k or something, my bro did it and he came out fine and with interesting things of his past. Hypno is nothing more then a sort of twilight zone type of sleep,where your subconsiousness can project the past you have hidden.

5. trom

trom New Member

Not even worth trying out, IMO. "Repressed memories" are not reliable, and submitting yourself to a "session" is potentially detrimental to your mental health. I am not aware of any study affirming these techniques are accurate. I can easily recall studies and statements from professors denoucing these "repressed memories." The human memory is constructive, rather than a recorder. Psychologists are able to have people construct memories that are demonstratably false. Repressed memories are not taken seriously by the professional psychological community.

6. i killed tupac

i killed tupac New Member

i think you are going to have a long time to think about this

7. scaryice

scaryice New Member

I think there was an episode of Bullshit about this.