MIL Remember the problem I had with my reenlistment bonus?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Maffy29, Dec 21, 2007.

1. Maffy29

Maffy29 Active Member

Got the call yesterday from my unit that it has finally been resolved! I should have my payment in two weeks!!! I was right about to make an appointment to sit down with my local state representative when I read the new commander's command philosophy. I emailed him with my issue and he promised to get it resolved. He did! I owe him a case of beer.

2. Jyokker

Jyokker The trouser snake is very aggressive. It will corn

Isn't it nice to know that your command supports you?
    Take note, all those who will supervise someday.

3. 3MTA3

3MTA3 er skotin mit mein ambatt

Do my job and my people will buy me beer? Sweet, so that's why my men take care of me on liberty.

4. NEp8ntballer

NEp8ntballer New Member

dammit. I thought taking care of my people so they take care of me was all a bunch of bullshit. In all seriousness I'm pretty fucked next semester in ROTC. Our wing staff decided to make me a Cadet in Charge. I pretty much have the same duties and responsibilities of a flight commander, just without the experience of going through Field Training and the cadet officer rank. I'm somewhere between hoping it was a brain fart and hoping I don't fuck it all up too bad. I also clearly remember my COC saying that there wouldn't be a need for any CICs with our assload of Field Training graduates from the summer. He didn't say assload though.

5. Maffy29

Maffy29 Active Member

Point noted.

However, the new commander is also my old platoon leader. When several others let me down on this issue, he stuck with it. The previous commander and XO were hesitant about taking on NGB. Every time I talked to him, he confidantly told me it was going to get resolved. He kept this word.

6. dura

dura Guest

flashbacks of trying to get my initial enlistment bonus

7. FATBOY

FATBOY OT Supporter

Good to hear.