LGBT Remember The L Word? Wanna know what it has been up to???

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by CoCo, Jun 13, 2004.

1. CoCo

CoCo ...is a Queer Don!! OT Supporter

Just found this…

"The L Word" Lassoes Lesbian Lensers

Showtime has gathered a who's who of acclaimed indie film directors to take on episodes of the second season of its critically praised series "The L Word." In what appears to be a bid for some of the Emmy-winning artistic cred of shows like "Six Feet Under" and "The Sopranos," the roster of filmmakers who'll follow the lives of the Los Angeles ladies includes lesbian directors Rose Troche ("The Safety of Objects") and "Laurel Canyon's" Lisa Cholodenko. Gay director Jeremy Podeswa ("The Five Senses") has likewise signed on to a list that also boasts Neil LaBute ("Possession"), Burr Steers ("Igby Goes Down"), Ernest Dickerson ("Never Die Alone"), Daniel Minahan ("Series 7: The Contenders"), Lynn Stopkewich ("Kissed"), Alison Maclean ("Jesus' Son"), and Tricia Brock ("Killer Diller"). Here's looking forward to a buzz-worthy second round.

:yum:

2. CoCo

yea, I enjoyed it too... I just hope that they bring 'sex' back for season two. In the beginning, all was well, and then enough uppity lesbians complained and they took it away, saying 'this show isn't meant to be a lesbian queer as folk'. Fuck that, dykes have sex too!

3. CoCo

"The L Word" Snags Sandra

Romeo's favorite diva, Sandra Bernhard, is about to enter that labyrinth of lesbian drama, "The L Word." In the hit Showtime series' upcoming second season, Bernhard will appear on a multiple-episode story arc, playing a heterosexual author who teaches a hard-to-get-into writing course.

The storyline reportedly involves petite, literary, novice lesbian Jenny (Mia Kirshner) trying to gain entry to the class, finding herself rejected, not taking "no" for an answer and then -- once getting past the academic velvet rope -- becoming involved in several classroom clashes with Dr. Bernhard.

And in further "L" stunt-casting news, expect second-year appearances from former "Practice" regular Camryn Manheim and, in the season closer, none other than the former Mrs. Gest herself, Liza Minnelli.

4. QUEEN BLUE

QUEEN BLUE Guest

I really liked the L word. I agree that Queer as Folk is better ... probably because even though I love girls, Gale Harold is just too hot.

5. CoCo

:mamoru:

6. SantorinA4

SantorinA4 New Member

:yum: I love the L-Word. Too bad Marina (Karina Lombard) will no longer be on it. :wtc: It's gonna suck now.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2004
  7. coma

coma New Member

[​IMG]

Oh my goodness, is he (Gale Harold) kissing a guy?:p

8. CoCo

[​IMG][​IMG]
    ...it cums...

9. SantorinA4

SantorinA4 New Member

And so will I. :mamoru:

10. CoCo

This season, with Karina gone, we'll meet Camryn Manheim (with 'Shane'), Sandra Bernhard (with 'Jenny'), Arianna Huffington (with 'Shane'), Jane Lynch (with 'Tina'), and Sharon Isbin (with everyone...). I'm looking forward to this season, and am happy that Kelly Lynch is returning as 'Ivan'.

11. BlondieAMC

BlondieAMC New Member

I can't wait till the season premeire!!!!! it's gonna be great. we bought the 1st season on dvd so now i am all caught up on the episodes i missed when it was on tv.

just as a side note...."shane" is the hottest one on the show!!!! i just had to throw that in there.

12. CoCo

:mamoru: Katherine Moennig really played the hell out of that part. The original description for the character was 'androgynous; sexy' and she created Shane, saying that she channeled Mick Jagger...so fuckin hot.

13. Notorious R.I.E.

Notorious R.I.E. Queen Bee

i can't wait feb 20th is the new season....

i also like QAF but it has taken a 2nd to the L word now

14. CoCo

...you don't remember me telling you all that uppity lesbians didn't want sex in the show? They felt it too QaF-like, and that it was would pick up too many heterosexual males just watching for the girl-on-girl action... Clearly, these dykes don't understand how ratings work. :mamoru:

15. wesdood

wesdood New Member

my pants are happy...

16. wesdood

wesdood New Member