Relationships are stressful as fuck

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Nev, Aug 23, 2007.

1. Nev

Nev OT Supporter

I guess you need some backstory here. The gf and I have been together for a little over 6 months, and ever since we met, we basically lived together. We met at school. Now I'm back here and she's not because she had to take a semester off. Once I graduate she has 1.5 semesters of school left to complete. I love this girl, I really do...and she absolutely is in love with me as well.

The problem is that I keep questioning the relationship in my head. There's something about me that's not happy right now and I don't know what it is. I got drunk a few weeks ago and make out with some random girl. I ended up telling the gf...and it was tough but she basically has forgiven me and given me the second chance. I felt like absolute shit.

Previous to that, I was starting to doubt my feelings for her. But once it happened, I realized that this girl treats me like gold, would do anything for me, and is just awesome to be all around. So, my love for her isn't a question. THere is still something in my head though that is not set straight. I sort of have a constant urge to go out and meet new girls...and not because I don't love mine, bc I do. But when I go out, that's just what I do and have always done...I'm a huge flirt, and I get a lot of attention from girls as well.

This is my last semester of school. My gf is 3hrs away and loves me to death. I don't want to spend my last semester of school locked up in an apartment by myself to keep out of trouble. Sometimes I feel like I start to push her away, but I know that losing her from my life would be a mistake. I don't know. I'm so fucking confused, stressed out, anxiety, etc.

The fuck?

2. I'm assuming you are under 25, maybe you two need a break things went too far too fast.

Edit: Not break up, but the distance maybe good for you.

3. Nev

Nev OT Supporter

I don't want to lose this girl, but I almost feel that I need time to myself where I'm not in a relationship for like a month or 2 to get my head on straight, realize what I have, make sure that I have my life heading in the direction I want. Basically, to get things straight in my own head rather than drag her through the whole scenario with me.

4. What he said. :stupid:

5. Nev

Nev OT Supporter

6. Sephiroth13

Sephiroth13 Beginning of the End

Uhh, yeah I think you figured it out yourself. But honestly if you love the girl, then you shouldn't have any real urges to go and cheat on her with other women, but thats just me..

7. bowrofl

bowrofl New Member

For some people, like me, making the transition from a short-term into a long-term relationship can be difficult. I don't know why.... if you can't handle it, minus whale end it :dunno: Do you feel that the 'honeymoon' stage is over?

8. fray

fray New Member

It almost sounds like you like how she treats you, but don't really like her. ...no sparks or something maybe. I don't know.

9. JustaMeThang

JustaMeThang New Member

...and me too.

an urge is one thing...you could want to bang another girls brains out, thats normal, but to act on that urge.....something is indeed missing.