SRS Relationships and what they mean?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by DarkDruid, Sep 14, 2007.

1. DarkDruid

DarkDruid The Power of The Awesome

I need some advice. I am getting out there and dating again which is cool. Got some phone numbers and meeting a chick for coffee next week. It has been 7 months since my last relationship in which my ex-gf broke up with me because she said the "flame just wasn't there anymore". She turned into a bit of a cook too but I learned many valuable lessons and don't look back at it as if its a mistake. Anyways back to present day. I am currently ready to date again and have been meeting girls through college, work, and friends and am way more out there than I have ever been.

The probably I have is that I am afraid of a new relationship. Honestly before my last gf I had never made out with anyone or gotten touchy feely with anyone at all. At the time it was a cool experience obviously but as it began to progress I became worried. You see at the time I would of got however intimate with her as was possible. And we didn't get past 2nd base as she was my 1st gf and I started dating damn late. Which was a :nono: haha

I am torn at a cross road. I would love to develop a physical relationship with my next gf if I think it felt right. The problem is I want to hold onto my v-card until marriage which I know isn't a typical male thing to do but I want to be committed to my wife and for sex to mean something more than just a feel good activity with rewards of baby making. :rofl:

As I start dating I would just like to get these things straight. Can healthy relationships progress without sex (I am not agianst making out and what not) in a healthy manner? I ask this because I thought they could and as I have grown older I have learned most girls just have sex like hand me outs at the back of a church on homeless people day. I want my relationship to be deep (not start out that way of course) but I don't want to date those girls who only rely upon which way the wind is blowing to be with a guy.

Anyone else got experiences they could share that will help me or maybe advice from being a little older?:x:

2. Bleed

Bleed New Member

I'm 26. so i can give u the advice. thats very nobel of you that you want to remain a virgin. i tried to do that until i got to college...but thats a different story.

i have a few friends who are like that. its never a problem if the partner is ok with it. i wouldnt bring it up right away, but if it ever progresses to that point you should just lay it down and say thats your morals.

at the end of the day you only have yourself so if you compromise your morals to just keep your partner happy its going to make you unhappy....i know that was profound.

anyway, its VERY possible to have a great relationship without having sex, but you'll see that once you do have sex, it's not really a big deal. most people will say, "i dont know why i held out on it..."

just be clear to her what you believe in and if it's meant to be, she'll be ok with it. just stay real to yourself and live life how you want to...everything else will fall into place if you do that.

3. scx

scx New Member

of course it can progress without sex