Relationship weirdness

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Man Bear Pig, May 14, 2007.

1. Man Bear Pig

Man Bear Pig Banned

I have no ability to form emotional attachments to members of the opposite sex. In the past six months, it feels like I just go through the motions of how dating works, meet up with women have sex for about a month get bored move on. Rinse wash repeat. I have no interest in relatiohships and do not really feel bothered too much doing this. I have never really been like this before, ever. It doesn't really bother me, but it is shitty to do to other people. I am just kind of apathetic. Has anyone gone through periods like this before?

2. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Of course. I went through a good portion of my college life not having any interest in dating a guy seriously....It's pretty common if you had a LTR, had a bad break up, or are just depressed. The point is you need to do what makes you happy. If you don't have any desire to have a serious relationship then don't; there is no need to push yourself into thinking you need to have a relationships. Now if you are having lots of sex just make sure to be safe.

And also, it is only shitty to other people if you are conveying to these girls that you want more than sex.

3. Man Bear Pig

Man Bear Pig Banned

Past couple times I have made it clear that it takes a lot for me to emotional commit to someone (which I guess is the "problem"). It just feels kind of weird. Pretty doubtful I am depressed.

4. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Well you aren't saying much, but from what you have given me I'm assuming you might be choosing girls who actually do want a relationship. This is tricky ground because you know you don't want one, you know you just want sex. You need to convey that and also choose your women more carefully. It's not very fair to meet some nice girl, give her the time of day and have what most would assume is a relationship (even her), but really you are not involved in it emotionally what so ever.

5. Takitome

Takitome New Member

I can be like that at times, but like you said it's only in relationships. I'm quite active in other aspects. Sometimes when I meet people I like, I have a tendensy to pull them in just to push them away. Like I'm reading a book, and it's a good book.. but I'd rather do something else. The weird thing is when I'm with them it's all good and I'm having fun.. I like the guy. But as soon as I leave and such, I rarely call. I'm sure it has something to do with bad past relationships

My friends often nag at me to call and keep contact. That can get me quite pissed, but eventually I see reason and when I do it's all good again, for awhile.

Like you said it can be hard to attach yourself