SRS relationship issue...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by sxycdnbrat, Jun 26, 2007.

1. sxycdnbrat

sxycdnbrat New Member

so i figured i'd ask this here, as it is the more serious of the forums upon which relationships surface as a topic...

ill start off with a bit of background info...
    i've been dating this guy for about 3 months now and so far, things are going awesome. we're both sports nuts, same taste in music, blah blah...i love spending time with him and he says i mean a lot to him etc etc...

now the issue is the level of physicalness in the relationship...there's practically none...he sleeps over at my place, we kiss, cuddle etc, but thats as far as it goes

i know i'm his first serious girlfriend (we're 21 and 22 BTW) and i dont think hes slept with anyone, where as i have. i totally respect his situation and i dont mind waiting or anything, but he never takes any sort of step forward and i'm wondering how to approach this. i dont wanna hurt his feelings or make him feel awkward but at the same time...i need the physical side of a relationship

2. Lantis745

Lantis745 Member

Well first, what kind of guy would'nt be excited that his gf wants a more "physical side" of a relationship. If he never slept with someone before maybe you have to make the first move. I can't see him getting his feelings hurt if you ask him for more than kissing.

3. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

It sounds like you haven't even considered talking to him about this, which is bad. You've been together 3 months, now is not the time to be shy and keep quiet on how you feel and what you want. It also sounds like you haven't even tried attempting starting sexual acts, amirite? It's not the mans job to initiate things.

4. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

Next time you cuddle, get topless, see how he reacts

5. Drifter87

Drifter87 Yippi-kay-ay, Motherfucker

You need to start the physical acts. Heck you may even have to guide him all the way to end! Also it is a good thing to talk about sex before you have it. This isn't a fling... you two are dating, take the time to talk. I discuss condoms, birth control, STD, and getting tested with girls I have dated and gone all the way with.

6. GregFarz78

GregFarz78 New Member

maybe he is shy or feels inadequate just talk to him about it

7. seejay

seejay New Member

I'm sure he's probably just nervous. I would take it as a sign that he really likes you and respects you. When I was dating my husband it took him three months to kiss me. He later said that he didn't want to be too agressive. Once the door was open though, forget it. I had to beat him off with a stick. Still do. Make the first move. Sloooowly.

8. essejgnad

essejgnad poopty pangts

Yeah, with my first serious girlfriend (I was 17), she basically had to make the first move really because I respected her way too much to even think of trying anything.

9. sxycdnbrat

sxycdnbrat New Member

i want to talk to him about this i just dont know how to approach it, never had this problem in the past. i know its not his job to initiate things, but i feel like if i do i might make him uncomfortable...which i dont want to do

its really strange, im the most outgoing, loud to the point person about 98% of things, this shit is something im no good at talking about

10. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

I hear ya girl. My biggest problem in relationships was that I never brought up anything that was bothering me, and that's just wasn't fair to myself. Now I tell my SO what I'm feeling because I'm no longer scared that he'll react badly and he's so wonderful and understanding every time.

This should be easier than you think too. The next time you two are laying in a bed together you need to do one of two things....(this all depends on what you are most comfortable with)You either bring it up right there that you've been thinking lately of taking sexual things to the next level, or you just need to start kissing him. Almost every man in the world will tell you that once you start getting a guy in the mood there's almost no stopping him. Go as far as you are comfortable, and if he stops you you have your perfect situation to talk it out and ease any fears he has. Most likely though he's a virgin or something and is just terrified to make the first move. Please try soon and tell us how it goes!