SRS Relationship between love and drugs?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by almostthere, Aug 7, 2006.

1. almostthere

almostthere its the devil....

Has anyone ever thought about this. I use cocaine frequently, but the time in the past year where i have been in love I have completely stopped using it, then when I fell out of love, I started using it again. Also, when i first fell out of love after 2 years in my relationship, the 'withdrawal' was worse than anything ever experienced with drugs.

2. i killed tupac

i killed tupac New Member

many of us define addiction as an emptiness inside, a lack of spirituality and purpose. we filled this with drugs, and when the drugs were gone, many of us used cars, money, sex, women, etc. so it would seem fitting that when you feel you are in love, you do not use drugs. when that distraction is gone, you use drugs again.

3. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

The chemical effect of love on the brain is very similiar to an addiction to a hard drug. There are studies that have proved this, and anyone who has ever missed someone, or had their heart broken, knows that with love there is also "withdrawl."

Google search "love chemical addiction" or variants on that. You'll find some studies.

4. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

Yep, love and drugs are very similar. :)