TAT Rejecting the mock up..

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by verbal, Feb 22, 2007.

1. verbal

verbal Active Member

Anyone ever tell a tattoo artist what they want and after seeing a mock up, reject it and decide not to get anything done by that artist?

I have a few ideas that I want done, but I don't want to have an artist draw something up and not like it in the end. Just wondering how most artists would react to that.

2. Memor

Memor Active Member

I've never rejected anything, but the first design my guy came up with for my giger piece was totally not what I wanted, due to a miscomunnication between us on the design...so I told him straight up nicely that I really didn't want to go ahead with it, he was totally cool, we sat together for ~1hr and worked up a new design, then went to work.

3. FlameBox

FlameBox ΊΧΘΥΣ

If it is a good artist you need to respect his opinion, he knows what looks good on skin and what doesn't!

4. TigreTek

TigreTek omega member OT Supporter

but you can also not care at all for their interpretation of the design.

be realistic in your expectations of the work, but realize that it's your body and it's going to be on there for a long time. be damn happy with it before you do it.

5. Lindsay Loo

Lindsay Loo ミ★ Mikel's POZ Partner ミ★

i have and he tried to do do it and i still didnt like it. it comes down to them not understanding your vision. you get a different artist and you might have better luck. dont settle for something youre not sold on. :)