reinstalling BT and associating another client

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Achance007, May 27, 2004.

1. Achance007

Achance007 Active Member

I'm having problems reinstalling BT. I was using an experiential client and it didn't come with an uninstaller. So I I downloaded and installed the Original Bt 3.4.2. Its the client that all others are based from. The client seemed to over write the experiential client because I can't find it. When I click on BT links the Original clients starts up. But I don't like it, since it doesn't have a upload throttle, so I tried to uninstall it and installed bit tornado. But when I click on a BT link it gives me an error (forget exactly what it says) but it similar to not recognizing the link. How do I associate bit tornado or another client with BT links. If I uninstall bit tornado and go back to the original client all the links will start to download. But I cant get another client to recognize the links.

Last edited: May 28, 2004
  2. cmsurfer

cmsurfer ºllllllº

Right-click on a torrent file, and go to 'open with' and select the program you want to use to open it. Hit the checkbox on the bottom of the window to always use that program. If you don't get the open with menu when you right click, try holding the left shift or ctrl button and then right click.

HTH

CM>

3. Achance007

Achance007 Active Member

Nope that doesn't work, when I right click, open I get this message
    [​IMG]
    and there is no Open With option. and I know the link is good. I was just using the original client 4 mins before trying bit tornado

4. Achance007

Achance007 Active Member

Ok, I figured it out. someone over at Lickmytaint.com was having a similar problem. I ended up having click on a BT link and chose save as. then download the file, right click/properties /then choose open with and select the right BT program.

http://www.lickmytaint.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=601

5. cmsurfer

cmsurfer ºllllllº

That was EXACTLY what I told you, but I assumed you already had a Torrent file on your Desktop and not trying to right click on a web link to open it.

Glad you got it fixed.