regulating supplements?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by alwayz, Nov 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alwayz

alwayz OT F+N lurker crew

This maybe a dumb question but does anyone look at the labels of the supplements they buy to see where they came from? With all the toy recalls from China lately about lead paint and whatever else, Im pretty much questioning anything that comes out of that country.

check out this label on the beta-alanine that BN/1fast is closing out....
    [​IMG]

Pb=lead:squint:

I'm not here to start a flame war on any suppliers at all, In fact I ordered a tub of this stuff from BN but havent recieved it yet. :o I will probably jsut return it though.

I dont want to call out AF at all, but can anyone from there tell us where your BA came from / whats all in it?

2. alwayz

alwayz OT F+N lurker crew

IBstfu:noes:

3. Man Bear Pig

Man Bear Pig Banned

China FTW. You heard about the toys that when swallowed release GHB, right? Some kind of beads.

4. ulter

ulter AFBoard owner

I think you've just learned lesson number one of buying cheap supps.
    Macro was trying to explain this months ago when the whole 1fas argument started. But so many people here were supporters of 1fas that it got drowned out. And people turned on us instead. I'm sure he'll be back to start all that up again.
    Buying from China is not a bad thing in and of itself. It's where you buy and how. For instance...In our case when we contracted to have R+ lipoic made for Glucorell in China we sent our own chemist from Chicago to the lab in China to inspect it and help them with their production. Then we contracted with a third party lab at Univ of Wisc to run the purity tests on it. The lab was very happy to let us spend our money to make their lab better. NO ONE else goes to all that trouble. They just buy whatever is cheapest material is, take the C of A, like that one, as credible and bottle the product. Or in some cases just sell it the same way they bought it, in bulk.
    1fas was selling an R+ lipoic product for half as much as our product and was in direct competition with us in 2002. Here we are 5 years later and BN sells about 12 bottles a month. Our product is in the top 100 sellers at Amazon.com out of 22,000 products. Our product is listed by name and recommended by doctors in two best selling books on Diabetes care. Now why do you think his product is one of BN's slowest movers and our has skyrocketed? Maybe one works, and the other doesn't?
    People for the most part do not understand that listing an ingredient that is in another product doesn't mean the products are the same. Purity and quality are everything when it comes to supps.

The lesson is that all supp materials are not equal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.