SRS Regrets (anonymous post)

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Darketernal, Sep 8, 2008.

1. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Oct 8, 2002
    About 1 ½ years ago after i dropped out of college i noticed there was something wrong with me. I couldnt pin point what was wrong but one day when I was on the bus I started to get headaches and almost passed out. I was nodding on and off that someone actually offered me to sit down.

(The reason i dropped out of college was because i didnt really like what i was taking and partly because i felt like staying home and not going out/doing anything at all which i regret alot because of the money i wasted and time. I have been smoking mj for quite some time. Casually before but over the past year and a half basically everyday. It feels like something that is part of my life and the amount of time that I spent at home it was something i did out of boredom. The thing that happened on the bus the psychiatrist told me i was stressed out and scared inside of my surroundings)

Fast forward a couple months later I noticed that I was starting to distance myself more and more away from my friends. Even my very close group of friends that I knew from grade school, where we used to chill almost every single day up until 1 ½ years ago when this all started.

The normal things that we would do i basically had no interest doing anymore and I basically shut off everything completely. I was still working my full time job at least but it was basically all overnights. It was so bad for me that I used that as an excuse of never going out and saying that I would be too tired to do anything since I worked overnights but that was never the case. A couple months later I went to see a psychiatrist and she diagnosed me with social anxiety.

She gave me pills which i took for about 6 months but they really had no effect on me as i was still distancing myself towards everyone more and more basically to the point I would never pick up phone calls or even shut off my phone for quite awhile. I admited that smoking marijuana helps the time past by when im alone but all the psychiatrist said was to keep taking the pills. I eventually stopped seeing her and went another route which was the chinese herbal medicine route.

I did this for another 6-9 months seeing him once a week. The sessions were going really well and I started to notice myself becoming more active and thinking of how much I miss just hanging out with my friends. But i think the damage has been done. The way i totally shut them out and just said no to everything. They were my really close friends too im not sure how to deal with this. I start college in January again and it is a goal of mine to finish no matter what but right now i have no job and while everyone is in school I just do nothing but get high all day.

before i had alot of confidence in everything i do. going out partying alot with friends. now i dont feel that way no more and im thinking if its something wrong with me i feel like i dont want to interact with anyone . inside i want to go out and be with my friends but its like i dont have the courage and confidence to go out and see people.

The thing is i really regret everything i have done to ignore and shut out my best friends from my life for that year and a half. I still talk to some of them online and when they ask what happened its very hard for me to explain what really happened and how I felt. But i regret what i did so much but i just couldnt help it. So im not quite sure what to do next.
  2. Vysion

Vysion New Member

Aug 30, 2003
    Do you have Avoidant Personality Disorder?

People with APD tend to push people away when they are depressed.