LGBT Regarding the separate bathroom for gay guys thread...

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by SpicyMcVoodoo, Jan 25, 2006.

1. SpicyMcVoodoo

SpicyMcVoodoo New Member

on a serious note, there are popping up separate gyms (and therefore showers and bathrooms) for gay guys.

http://www.the-clubs.com/dallas/index.htm

What do yall think of these "gay" gyms? If you guys find the idea of segregating gays from straights so horrid, then is type of thing a bad idea? Does it acclimate people to the idea of gay segregation?

2. sholnay

sholnay New Member

we already have bathhouses...

i dont think its a great idea - its kinda rediculous and setting itself up for attacks and negative publicity - further enforcing the gay stereotype that all guys are sluts... i didnt read the article though.

3. coma

coma New Member

I think it's a fantastic idea. Honestly, I'm so sick of str8 people and I avoid them when possible. The less that I have to interact with them the better. Exhibit A would be that guy who started the bathroom thread originally. Yes gays can be morons too, I know that. I need to move to san fran.:mamoru:

lol...this from the faq page:

Can I bring my wife or girlfriend to The Club?
    No.

4. SpicyMcVoodoo

SpicyMcVoodoo New Member

I'm just saying to look at the big picture. This type of thing could tacitly encourage the notion that gays should be segregated from the rest of society, not to mention the notion that if you get gay men close to other sweaty men, they get horny and want to have sex, so watch out! Better give them privacy, or you'll be in the midst of a homoerotic orgy and get splashed in the eye! :noes:

Let's look at a gay night club, for example. It's being a gay night club has a social purpose because the purpose of going to a night club is to meet other people, and naturally you'd want to meet those whom you're compatible with. But why a gay gym? There's nothing necessarily social about a gym. Sure, it can be social, but so can a grocery store. Should we have gay grocery stores? What about gay schools? Well, if we have all of these "gay only" places where people do everyday things, what does that say? Gays either can't or don't want to function in normal society? Is that the message gays want to project when they're trying to be seen as "normal"? Didn't we learn with black people that segregation is a bad idea?

5. CoCo

CoCo ...is a Queer Don!! OT Supporter

...on the one hand, I've always felt that these segregated venues are bad because it breeds a separatist attitude, where peaceful cohabitation and understanding is the real goal (I used to think 'acceptance', but then cam to the conclusion that I don't care what others think about me, I just don't wanna get bashed/attacked/assaulted, denied, discriminated against, or pigeon-holed based solely on my sexual identity.)

But from a Queer Theorist's perspective, I understand the need to combat heteronormativity, or at least temporarily remove ourselves from it for a while... [Those who have no idea what I'm talking about, and are interested, might wanna check out Samuel A. Chambers: The Telepistemology of the Closet; or, The Queer Politics of Six Feet Under. The Journal of American Culture, Volume 26, Number 1, March 2003.]

6. HisXLNC

HisXLNC ๑۩۞۩๑ Hot ๑۩۞۩๑

Parts of Brazil have 3rd bathrooms for people who are not comfortable using the bathroom in front of men or women.

7. Mr. Kitty Litter

Mr. Kitty Litter OT Supporter

A gay bathroom sounds really segregated, to me...

8. 2500

2500 Guest

yeah, they can put the gay bathroom right next to the blacks bathroom.

ugh, aren't we trying to take steps FORWARD instead of back?

the idea of different bathrooms is fucking stupid. the entire point of gay rights is to try and get gay people to have the same rights, and be treated equally. all this is going to do is put more of a "different" idea in peoples minds. why fight for gay marraige, and equal rights, if they are going to be segregated in other areas. whats wrong with a gay person pissing in a bathroom with everyone else? cuz thats just the first thing. god knows with how some straight people think, there are going to be gay grocery stores, and gay taxi's. i think its in everyones best interest to NOT specifically have "gay" anythings. except maybe clubs or bars, but, thats entertainment. same as latin clubs, etc. and everyone is welcomed in, but it just caters to a homosexuals interests. gay people should want to be treated equally, so, any gay person that is for this is a hipocrit, or a slut looking at it as a place where they can see some weeners.

9. remike

remike the second coming

It's like I can't even use a public restroom anymore without a gay sexually harassing me or giving me STDs.

10. 2500

2500 Guest

are you serious?

if your serious, and worried aboout getting STDs in a guys restroom, i'd suggest you stop having sex with men in them.... :greddy:

11. CoCo

Hey pum'kin, remember in that other thread when we were doubting the validity or seriousness of the poster and his situation? Well, things like this happen unbelievably often around here. And THAT is why most of us responded as harshly as we did...

This is your elaboration; welcome to the board :wavey:

12. Create

Create :free at last:

1. Exposure yeilds Familiarity.
    2. Familiarity defeats Prejudice.
    3. Segregation reduces Exposure.

13. Milin

Milin It's Terminal.

I think it's a bad idea.

most of the people who hate gay people have probably never actually talked (knowingly) to a gay person or attempted to interact with one.

They fail to realize that being gay is no more weird than being male or female and that all gay people are different, just like all men and all women are different.

Exposure IS the key. If everyone could meet and interact with more gay people there would be a lot less anti-gay sentiment.

14. khane

khane New Member

I find this very disturbing and quite offensive.

If you want to know if anything is bigoted then just replace gay with jew or black and if it would be classified as totaly rasist then you can bet that its totaly homophobic!

15. Wolf

Wolf No one plans to take the path that brings you lowe

Then maybe every "what cologne/acne cream/shampoo should I use" thread wouldn't get placed here. :squint:

16. Milin

Milin It's Terminal.

seriously. not all gay guys are obsessed with cologne and fashion. Yes a lot of them are, but quite a few of them couldn't care less.

OMG STEREOTYPING.

it is however, the "fashion/metrosexual" forum...so the threads get put here too.

I think it's more to shelter the OT metrosexuals from all the broly crew's abuse :o

17. khane

khane New Member

Straight guys I work with use more products than I ever could!

18. 2500

2500 Guest

yeah no kidding. stereotypes are so ridiculous. i laugh becuase i'm the complete opposite of them. i wake up, shower if i want, use no product, wear the same cloths for 2 or 3 days, (still showering and changing under garment, lol) shave like every 4 days, wrench on cars all day, smell like a mechanic, don't do my hair, and quite honestly don't give a shit, lol.

and your right though, replace gay with black and you'll see how outlandish some of the things straight people say and believe are. private bathrooms for blacks. blacks aren't allowed to get married. person was beat up because they were black. all blacks are thieves. (stereotype example) but pretty crazy huh? i wish the gov't looked at it like segrogating black people, and see how huge of a step back we are taking by segrogating a group of people in "the land of the free."

19. khane

khane New Member

Im a very un-stereotypical type, but I have to say that if we want people to stop stereotyping we have to look to ourselves first, Gay Pride/Mardi Gra is like a walking festival of stereotypes most years. Im all for freeom to express yourself however you feel free but oes it really have to come down to queens, twinks, bears, muscle mary's etc? Why can't I just be me without having to see what camp I most fit into? and we are as bad at doing that than any other medium IMO.

Until we stop enforcing social stereotypes we cant expect the media and the rest of the population to stop using them as referneces.

However segragation is segragation, it woudl be better to have a sign saying, hetrosexual and Gay mixed bathrooms, if you have a problem dont enter.

20. 2500

2500 Guest

but that will just make straight people aware that gays could be in there too. its like, almost a warning. why does it even need to be addressed? its a room, where you shit, and you leave. why should it even matter what sexuallity the users are. this isn't a singles club, its a rest room. i don't see any signs saying "black and white" bathrooms. it just seems ridiculous to me, to have to be aware of your sexuality and the sexuality of those around you, when taking a shit, and leaving. its like, just shit and leave. why do you care if the guy shitting next to you is gay. will it help you shit any better if you know everyone is straight? will your shit be not as fulfilling knowing there MIGHT be a gay person in there? this is all stemmed from ignorant straight people. because i don't see any gay guys not wanting to shit with straight people.

21. Improvolone

Improvolone New Member

The resaon you can't replace gay with Jew or black so easily is becayse gay men like penis.
    I can only image that the feeling some men get while naked aorund gay men is the same feeling women would get around a straight guy.

22. 2500

2500 Guest

i'm talking about segrogation. segrogation in and of itself is the concept here. there is no penis issues in a restroom. you sit down, shit in the bowl, and walk out. remind me where penis's are going all over the restroom. maybe your going to the wrong restrooms. but the ones i've been in, just have people shitting and pissing, and then leaving. last public restroom i was in didn't have any naked people in them. its just ignorant peoples way of trying to segrogate everyone that is not just like them.

23. CoCo

Although I see the point you're making, I just randomly remembered that my high school had coed bathrooms and dressing rooms. And it was Catholic! Just thought I would share...

24. khane

khane New Member

there is a point behind the straight men not being comfortable beingeyed up in a sexual way by other men, but hey a taste of their own medicien some might say, whats the betting those men complaining the most are not advirse to checking women out all the time and making sexual comments towards them?

25. 2500

2500 Guest

if they don't want to be eyed up by men, they need to NEVER leave their house. there are ALOT of gay people, and if you think they are only in bathrooms, your a joke. they will just check you out when you go back to your table, or back into the mall, or anywhere. i can bet half these guys would never be checked out anyways, so don't flatter yourself boys, lol. :fawk: