COMIC Regarding Evas: Anybody have in depth info on how Eva's operate?

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by akZer0, Aug 14, 2004.

1. akZer0

akZer0 Guest

Such as thorough details on its internal mechanisms, s2 engines , blueprint type stuff ..etc?

I'm having trouble finding it on the net. Anything would help. :)

2. akZer0

akZer0 Guest

I realize they just basically resemble living organisms incased in armour, but there has to be descriptive analysis somewhere. Like how they disect Gundam internals.... :dunno:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2004
  3. RDB

RDB Blinded By Subpar Modulators

i'll check a bunch of my eva artbook scans, but i don't recall anything like that.

basically the evas are all clones of the angel adam. the only thing there might be is drawings of the plug systems.

and its not really armour so much as its shell to contain the eva and control them. the first episode shows this in great detail.

4. akZer0

akZer0 Guest

Only the plug system? :(

Damn it...

Oh well, thanks anyways.

5. ragnarok

ragnarok nuclear launch detected

escaflowne control system > *

6. dolsotboy

dolsotboy New Member

I think that they operate through some sort of psychic means. There are physical means as well because of the controllers that the pilots have on each hand. Those things probably send electrical signals to the brain of the eva. It is a living organism afterall. These electrical signals stimulate the brain to make the eva pull a trigger among other tasks.
    I have noticed that the pilots would have these little white things on their heads when they are in the Eva. This probably helps the psychic bond of the eva and the pilot. the LCL fluid is the medium in which the signals are transmitted. I also remember them saying that the evas are empty shells, they have no soul. The pilots supply the soul. Maybe this is how it is acheived.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2004
  7. RDB

some how i can't find any of my eva artbooks :sad2:

8. akZer0

akZer0 Guest

This is all I got from searching. Unfortunately, it's all text but pretty interesting gather-up nonetheless, even if basic knowledge. Hardcore fans ignore since you most likely already know most of this stuff. Anybody else just getting into the anime in recent otherwise....Good read.

Summary analysis of their description:

Components necessary in order to bring them to life:

Descriptions of each particular unit..

http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/3948/evaword.html

http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Fuji/3082/Differences/Differences.html#Unit_00

<http://www.lwhy.clara.net/nge/>

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2004
  9. akZer0

akZer0 Guest

You're pretty much on the dot with everything besides the statement regarding that the pilots = Eva's soul.

In order to pilot an Eva, you need to be a child born 9 months following the incidents of the 2nd impact. Wtf? What houses the soul is the core (Eva's weakest spot) and is the essential component from which the units are built upon. What the pilots does, is "synchronize" with the soul and unit. [/nerd]

10. RDB

i remember reading somewhere that eva 00-03 are modeled after the 4 dark horsemen of the appocalypse in revelations :o

00 cyclops
    01 horn
    02 4 eyes
    03 black and long arms

11. akZer0

akZer0 Guest

Oh my.......
    :eek3:

12. RDB

heres a link on the Sephiroth/tree of life http://www.digital-brilliance.com/kab/nok/index.htm

basically explains the huge diagram in the opening and what eva 04-13 are supposed to represent

lots of text, lots of it.

13. akZer0

akZer0 Guest

As the first seal breaks, John sees, "a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer."

01 : Seen in battle most frequently. Withholds the most impressive combat record.

The second seal reveals "another horse that was red: and power was given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth, and that they should kill one another: and there was given unto him a great sword."
    The second horseman is commonly seen as war.

02 Kicked the ever living shit out of 05-13 prior to the regeneration. Second most impressive to 01.

"a black horse, whose rider is holding a pair of scales in his hand, symbolizing famine and economic depression. "

The mishaps related to posession of Eva 03 did cripple NERV pretty badly. The co. went downhill from there on with SEELE becoming more anal about eveything.

When the fourth seal is broken, the final horse arrives: "a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him." John says of the horses, "And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth."

4th never even saw the battelfield. Something went disastrously wrong and annihilated the whole plant during the configurating of the S2 prototype. Fatal accident = prominitions of the end..aka third impact

:eek3:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2004
  14. akZer0

akZer0 Guest

thanks for the link. :coold:

those crazy Japanese...