A&P Refurbished Canon Elan 7e

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by lgj24, Dec 3, 2003.

1. lgj24

lgj24 OT Supporter

Just wondering what the situation has to be for a product to be considered "refurbished". I've been looking online for a Canon Elan 7e, and found a refurbed one by Canon. It's like ~$60 less than brand new. They guy told me that it's still brand new and never been used, and even has the Canon 1yr warranty on it too. Sounds good to me, but i still have no clue what exactly makes it refurbished?

2. Mike Panic

Mike Panic New Member

doesnt sound bad.... but refurbished can mean anything. more then likely it means that it was bought and used for a week and the person who bought it took the camera back for whatever reason. often times they are just inspected, cleaned and re-packaged.

sometimes minor things need fixing on the inside and again, re-packaged and sold.

my advise, if your looking for a cheaper option to the elan7 get a used canon eos a2. i shoot w/ one and prefer it leaps and bounds over the elan7. it also offers faster top shutter speed, faster fps and faster flash sync.

3. fade

fade tie your shoe bitch

as much as i like the A2s, they have the dial problem where the spring inside of it breaks and causes the whole camera to be non functional

so watch out for those. usually if they have been replaced, then they should last.

4. Mike Panic

Mike Panic New Member

yea... that is a "problem" if you forget to push the button in and just turn the dial... but honestly its really more of an "internet problem" then one in real life. people talk about it happening all the time and if you are comfy w/ using your camera, it shouldnt be. ive had mine for about a year and a half and pushed prob 250 rolls thru it w/ zero problems

5. fade

fade tie your shoe bitch

:cool:

ive always wanted an a2 with the vg grip

:hs: