reformatted my comp, cant get the sound to work? what driver do i use?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Mr Bruce Wayne, Feb 23, 2006.

1. hi, i just reformatted my comp

i installed the drivers for the other stuff like my video card and network adapter... however

the sound doesnt work on my comp and i dont know what sound card i have..

would i install the driver for my mobo to make this work ? if so i got the driver for my mobo and i tried to load it but windows doesnt see this .rom file.... is this for some other driver ?

any ideas ?> thanks guys

2. fromthecold

fromthecold OT Supporter

if the sound card is onboard --> mobo website, generic chipset drivers and or sound drivers

if pci sound card, open her back up, and check the brand/model --> company website

3. grkgus

grkgus New Member

update driver, Windows update.

4. apman0000

apman0000 OT Supporter

check the specs on your puter to find out what card you have, if you don't know what you have i'd guess you have integrated crap audio, do you know what puter you have? build yourself (doubt it cause you'd know what you had) or is it Dell Gateway HP etc etc. and what model # etc is it? when you go to device manager add new hardware does anything show up with a Yellow ? next to it? if so that's the item that needs a driver, if not then you just need to select the correct audio device in your sounds menu in control panel, and i'd guess you have the wrong driver now or a corrupt file maybe