GUN Refinished the wood on my M70 folder

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Clingman, Dec 26, 2005.

1. Clingman

Clingman Clingman runs Bartertown.

So if you didn't see the other thread, I picked up one of the new Century M70AB2 underfolders. It's built from a new Yugo (Zastava) kit on a DC Industries receiver. The thing is a damn nice, well-made rifle, which is one hell of a nice surprise considering some of the real shit that Century has slapped together in the past. This is going to replace my recently sold SKS as my 7.62x39 beater gun :cool:

Anyway, I just couldn't live with the ugly oiled handguards. Incorrect or not, I bleached them, gave them one rub of cherry stain, and then a couple coats of tung oil. I wasn't trying to remove every freakin blemish but I wanted my brand new AK to look brand new, dammit :) I'm going to find a new set of handguards as a spare set and make a super nice looking pair, but for now, the look is much more like what I expect from an AK.

Before:

[​IMG]

After:

[​IMG]

2. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

:cool: unfortunently I cann't buy any of these new underfolders yet cause of my shitty state, but I got a couple kits that I'll be building once I'm out of here, shoot her yet? I dont like the pistol grip on it, a checkered wood one would go nice with it.

3. 70Machwon

70Machwon New Member

veyr nice. The after looks much better. how much did you sell your SKS for, im still lookin for one

4. mrbill

mrbill New Member

looks good!

5. Clusive

Clusive Happiness is a belt-fed weapon.

:cool: Looks good.

6. Clingman

I sold it for 180 dollars to a guy who had been looking at a really ugly Yugo SKS in the gun store. He got one hell of a deal, but I think I am done with SKS rifles. IMO an immaculate, arsenal refinished Russian is worth about 225. Mine was nice but not immaculate, and it had a bunch of rounds through it.

7. Clingman

You blame your state, but it's actually God punishing you for that Tigr purchase :)

I didn't keep track, but I've taken it to the range twice and put between 350 and 400 rounds through it. It seems to be about a 3.5MOA shooter, and I didn't expect any better. Actually I'm sure I could bring it tighter if I had a bag and the sun wasn't in my face. But I didn't buy it to shoot paper :p

8. reman

reman New Member

i like the change!

9. Clingman

600 at a local shop. Which seems to be the norm. I've seen one person claim to have gotten one for 449 but I highly doubt that.

10. Clingman

Yeah you could probably get close to that if your dealer really likes you, because that 395 is a dealer price, and the only profit he will make is the transfer fee. You may have to wait a while though because they've been behind on them. I bought mine from the only local store who stocks this kind of thing (AR, AK, Glock, Sig only) and I don't mind him making some money if it means his doors will stay open.

Edit... SOG is out with "no reasonable timeframe" on when they will have more.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2005