Reevaluating

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Equipped, Jul 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Equipped

Equipped Guest

I currently weigh 185 lbs, 13-14% BF using electronic BF monitor. I am working each body part once a week, using 3-4 exercises per body part. I try to go as heavy as possible for 8-10 reps, 3 sets. I throw in about 3 cardio sessions per week. I have been doing this for about four months and lost ~30lbs.

My diet is out of fucking whack right now. When I do try to eat right I think I am getting about 2500 cal, and 150-180g protein. I use overfeed on Sunday, but I am not dieting/training this week at all.

I am thinking of switching up my routine to hit each body part twice a week and reducing the # or exercises per bodypart, or starting christopher's routine. My goal is to try to stay as lean as possible over the summer, and add some serious size over winter. I don't know my max numbers, but I would like to get stronger as well, which I don't think I am doing w/ my current routine.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Equipped

Equipped Guest

Please?

3. G-n-P

G-n-P New Member

get on a true strength training program, like bill starr's, joe kenn's, christian thibadeau's, or a modified wsb. Before you ask, no it really doesn't matter all that much which one you pick, just do something that has you pushing heavy weight in compound exercises consistantly. Next fix your diet to where you are getting at least your bodyweight in protein every day, then make sure the rest of your macro breakdown is non processed. Take a multi, drink a gallon to 2 gallons of water daily, and sleep 8 hours a night. Now up your cardio, but instead of doing gay ass woman's cardio do shit that has carry over into your strength training regime. In other words drag a sled, run sprints, run stairs weighted, do lighter strongman medley's, whatever. When winter comes, up the calories.

Profit

4. Equipped

Equipped Guest

so go on christopher's routine? It's modified Bill starr right?

I already take a multi, already drink 2 gal water, already take 4g fish oil, already do HIIT

The diet is the main part, I'm gonna have to start cooking a gang of chicken on sunday

5. Jeg1983

Jeg1983 OT Supporter

:eek3:

6. Equipped

Equipped Guest

You're one of the ones I wanted to hear from.

I just got back from the gym and I was trying out some of the exercises in chris' routine. Shit! I have never done squat/deadlift/dips/pullups and I've been fucking missing out. I was just doing 135 on squat to get a feel and my whole fucking leg is tight as shit. Sucks because I'm starting a new valet job tommorow. I only did one set. Deads are fun. Can't wait till Monday.

7. Jeg1983

Jeg1983 OT Supporter

I can't really add to much more to what NHB_GnP said. Lift with heavy compound movements. Do some sled dragging with heavy weights you'll help your lifts that way and you'll get some good cardio in. Eat enough rest enough and drink enough and you'll be set. As for staying lean diet will dictate how lean you are or how much excess weight you have. So play around with calories til you are gaining weight with an acceptable amount of fat gain.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.