MIL Reenlisted today v. USMC

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by nsxrebel, Dec 20, 2008.

1. nsxrebel

nsxrebel New Member

I reenlisted today in the Marine Corps. After leaving the Marine Corps in 04 after serving 5 years, I went to the Chair Guard, today I came back to my roots and reenlisted in the Corps. Unfortunately, I won't be going back to my old KC-130 unit in Miramar, CA.

My first choice MOS was KC-130 Loadmaster, second was KC-130 Crew Chief, third choice was MV-22 Crew Chief. Guess which one I got. I never thought I would get MV-22 Osprey as I was already a trained/qualified Loadmaster. I'm assuming with my previous experience, flight hours, and qualifications , the Corps thought they could best use me flying in the Osprey.

Anyways, it felt good coming back to teh suck. I love wearing the uniform. I'll be working for the recruiting command while I get orders for training.

2. jokka

jokka OT Supporter

how old are you ? rank ? good job btw.

3. tunes

tunes OT Supporter

congrats

4. Julius

Julius Guest

congrats :cool:

5. Emanon

Emanon Active Member

Congrats! Signed back up for the Army after being out for eight years. Getting my lazy ass back in shape has been fun.

6. apollotrance1

apollotrance1 Active Member

congrats on re-enlisting! I will hopefully be in FULL shape by Feb. to enlist. What is you age/rank btw??

7. nsxrebel

nsxrebel New Member

Well I swore in Friday, and this morning I had to run a PFT already. The command was running it, and since I'm part of it now, lucky me had to run it as well.

Speaking of teh suck, I just got back from LA Marines/MEPS xmas party. I'm single, have no kids, so I always hated being around military families. I just showed up, ate, and left.

8. Julius

Julius Guest

That's fucking high speed. Seriously, best of luck to you. I'd love to be air crew.

9. SoCaLlove

SoCaLlove New Member

10. Jbeanz

Jbeanz OT Supporter

They gave you Osprey's because Herc loadmasters are stacked and right now the lat move bonus to ospreys is 80k. So that means there hurting for them, i doubt you got a bonus did you ?

11. OkiDiver

OkiDiver New Member

That sounds pretty sweet.

I'm unfortunately starting to regret reenlisting. :wtc: :hs:

12. whitecouch

whitecouch spendin' our golden years in OT Supporter

Oh man that'd be sweet.:bowdown:

13. jokka

jokka OT Supporter

why

14. Blackfox

Blackfox Active Member

congrats and good luck!

15. FATBOY

FATBOY OT Supporter

CONGRATS and welcome back.

16. nsxrebel

nsxrebel New Member

Negative ghostrider, no bonus. :( It would have been nice, but fuck it, I was just want to be back in the game. We'll see how it goes with the Osprey, if I don't like it, which I doubt, I'll do a lat move back to Hercs after my contract is over.

17. nsxrebel

nsxrebel New Member

Oh, I'm 29, coming back in as a Corporal. That's what I left the Corps as. I'm sure I'll pick up quickly though.

The only thing I'm not too excited about is, I'll be stuck in the east coast. NC, what a shit hole.

18. TRN

TRN Well-Known Member

Congrats!

Sucker! :mamoru:

19. Jbeanz

Jbeanz OT Supporter

Well maybe not for long , by the time you get fully trained there will be west coat Osprey squadrons . HMM-161 is in Iraq right now and there transitiong upon return which is spring 09 and HMM-166 is transitioning next in line when they return in early 2010.

20. nsxrebel

nsxrebel New Member

Yeah, that's what I was figuring. It'll be a year before I'm done with schools and fully qualified. HMM-161/166, are those at Miramar or Pendleton?

21. Jbeanz

Jbeanz OT Supporter

There Miramar , Very opposite end of the flightline from 352.

22. OkiDiver

OkiDiver New Member

It's a lot more fun being a troop. I'm not made for the administrative work. I need to stop getting promoted. :hs:

23. nsxrebel

nsxrebel New Member

So I got my Web Orders this week. I have to be in New River NLT 03 March. I'll probably be there mid Feb. Any of you out in Jacksonville? I know the place is no LA/Hollywood, but there has to be something to do out there. It's bigger than Cherry Point/Havelock, so it can't be that bad.

24. thekinggovernor

thekinggovernor OT Supporter

the last time I was, 3 years ago, it actually wasn't as bad as the first time I went there. They actually have some decent shit to do off base, its not just tat shops, used furntiure stores, and skrimp clubs.

25. ZaC851

ZaC851 New Member

lol im sorry to hear you had the misfortune to be out there.

Its whatever you make of it. You've got numerous bars that will have more swinging dicks in them than you can ever imagine. plenty of tattoo places plenty of nice beaches with plenty of girls that hate Marines.... lots of strip clubs with girls that have the pay schedule memorized for the Marines for the whole year i think. You can go to wilmington which is about 30 minutes away which is a huge college town, but if you have a shaved head and look like a usual Marine, dont be surprised if not many girls want to talk to you, or dont be surprised if you cant get into a certain club, but lots of clubs dont like Marines, because "they start shit" with the local college kids..I got denied into one club once in wilmington because I was a lance cple and 20 years old even though the sign on the front CLEARLY SAID "must be 18 to enter"

No, in all seriousness, its not too bad other than be a wayyyyy overcrowded town with a 10:1 dick to vagina ratio.