Recurring Phimosis?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by jsiu, Dec 14, 2006.

1. jsiu

jsiu New Member

For those who are unfamiliar with it, phimosis is a condition in which the penis foreskin (of someone who's uncircumsized) cannot be fully retracted.

When I was a kid, I had this condition. My doctor at the time had me perform some exercises and techniques (which I can no longer remember) that helped to stretch the foreskin and made circumcision unnecessary. I'm now 23 and over the past year or two, I've noticed that my foreskin has been tightening up again. I can now only retract the foreskin to expose 1/3 to 1/2 of the penis head, which is now very sensitive.

Yesterday, I went to see a doctor for a regular physical checkup and told him about the problem. He had a senior doctor come in to examine me, who told me of a few alternatives to circumcision, such as a surgical procedure which enlarges the opening at the tip of the foreskin. They said that stretching exercises are more successful at a younger age and may not help at my age since my body has "stabilized". I'll be going to see a urologist to talk about how helpful stretching exercises might be and the pros and cons of certain surgical procedures, but I wanted to see if any of you are familiar with this condition. I want to research this and be a bit more informed before I talk with the urologist. Though I'm not against circumcision, I'd rather leave it as a last resort unless I can be convinced otherwise.

Has anyone here had (or still have) phimosis? What did you do about it? What alternatives (surgical and non-surgical) are there to circumcision? Any useful resources I should look at? Any and all info would be helpful. Thanks!

2. minkajane

minkajane New Member

Granted, I don't have a penis, but I do know that steriod creams have been used very effectively in both tight foreskins and labial fusions.

3. jsiu

jsiu New Member

Thanks. I'll look into it.

4. jsiu

jsiu New Member

Thanks for the tip! About how long did it take for you to be able to fully retract with ease and no discomfort? How bad was your phimosis?