MIL Recruiter called today

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by BaseballIsEmo, Jun 21, 2005.

1. For the National Guard. He told me the Guard had the better offer right now (Army Reserves vs. NG). He offered me 4 years of college plus $10K signing bonus :run:

Thing is, I don't have a regular high school diploma. I have a private/home school one. Are they looked at the same way?

Should I go with the Guard or the Reserves or something else? Money and school is great and everything, but that's not my main insterest in joining. I'm looking for a better career path (I'm guessing with Military experience, a job in the coast guard would be easier to attain?) and to support my country. :coolugh:

Thoughts? I won't be here for a few hours. Hes going to call me back tomorrow around 3. :hsd:

IBflames :noes:

2. kidhero

kidhero not really a hero, really just a big fat phony

weren't you the one that made the thread about stupid recruiters?

if you want to be in the coast guard why don't you just join the coast guard?

if your homeschool diploma is certified by a state and equivalent to a high school diploma then you're good. otherwise you have to get a waiver for it.

3. RRTX

RRTX New Member

Since the Coast Guard is technically part of the military you should just join that if that is what you want. The home school diploma is ranked below a regular HS diploma, they can only accept a certain percentage of home school/GED people a year, but since recruiting goals are behind that shouldn't affect you in any way.

4. bigfodee

bigfodee Active Member

go reserves... its not hard to get active if you want it whereas you cant go to reserve from active in that enlistment