SRS Recovering Lost Dreams

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by SpectreMatrix, Nov 26, 2007.

1. SpectreMatrix

SpectreMatrix New Member

Alright guys, working on a new project. The taking off armor job is going well, but as I was doing so I found some other interesting things. All the abandoned dreams, everything I "shed" to get things done or to survive. No some of these have been achieved in other ways.

Today a path opened up that I can work through and possibly go and get my masters degree. For work and success it was not necessary to do this. But one of the companies I work with offered it as a "perk" and to help them on paper. :eek3:

I started writing books again, which is something had done my entire life up until the last 4 or so years. This is one of the many things that I loved to do that I just ... stopped doing.

As I become more complete in who I am but as I do so there it points out these giant gaps that demand to be filled. I had lost so much of who I am it is just staggering. How much do we "abandon" for some greater good that just ends up robbing of us who we truly, steal our happiness away. As the ghosts of our past float back into our life do we just try to push them back in with the skeletons in the closet? Or do we bring them out, face them down and finally give them peace?

As always I welcome ideas and input.

-SM

2. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

To be honest, that was really fucking hard to follow at 4am. I'll try again in the morning after some coffee.

3. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

No you haven't. You are confusing what you do with who you are. It's very common but one cure is to constantly remind yourself that you are NOT what you do.
    This is a choice you made in the past. You are free to make a new choice.
    That is also a choice. Me personally, I faced them. I said enough is enough and it's time I started being true to myself no matter what. This is one of the main reasons I returned to Uni at 36 to pursue a second bachelors degree. It was difficult to make this transition and many people thought I was crazy but I knew it was right for me.

I distinctly remember, in my programming 2 class in the middle of a lecture about some new programming concept, my soul whispered to me, "Thanks for finally listening". It was an awesome moment and knew right then and there that had I stuffed my dreams again, I might not live long enough to get a third chance to pursue them.