SRS Recovering from Bulimia?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Soxrule11, Apr 28, 2010.

1. Soxrule11

Soxrule11 New Member

I've been overweight my whole life. My mom would always watch what I ate and make me feel guilty for eating. At age 19 I was 6'3" 289lbs, My girlfriend of 2 years cheated on me on valentines day and self-esteem took a big hit. After that I started going to the gym to clear my mind and get myself right. After going for months I seen no results. One night after working out I went and got something to eat. My stomach must have been upset because I felt sick and threw up outside my car. That triggered something inside me I dont know if I liked it or looked at it as an easy solution. I have been bulimic for more then 3 years. Checking the scale after I eat anything, after I throw up, after I wake up and go to the bathroom. To my knowledge I have kept it from everyone in my family. It really effected the relationship that I had with my ex girlfriend. My current girlfriend, I told her that I was bulimic the third time that we met. I have been with her for a year and a half now. We don't really talk about what I do and when we do she usually breaks out in tears and tells me how worried she is. I should have been able to stop for her but I wasn't. 2 months ago I found out that she was pregnant and we are set to move in together in the next month or so. I feel like I have been doing this way too long and I wanna be there to see my child grow up. I would usually go to work and not eat all day. Then I would come home and binge eat then throw it all up. I have been doing the same lately by working all day and not eating then I go home and make a big salad(just lettuce and light dressing) to eat. I still find myself checking the scale religiously. I am trying to kick this but I am finding it difficult. Any thoughts or suggestions?????

2. i killed tupac

i killed tupac New Member

i think bulemia is considered an OCD type behavior, similar to drug addiction. Have you talked to a therapist who specializes in eating disorders?

3. erynne936

erynne936 my av is a car, but i'm a girl. stop calling me b OT Supporter

This. And http://www.something-fishy.org/ has an eating disorder recovery forum.

4. i killed tupac

there lots of resources out there, you arent alone

5. Soxrule11

Soxrule11 New Member

Therapy is not really an option because I don't have insurance. The only person I can talk to is my girlfriend but its a lot to put on her and burden her with. Im trying hard. Out of the last five days I have gone three without doing anything. May seem like nothing but its very difficult when it takes over your mind and makes meals tough.

6. i killed tupac

any community resources? are there Overeaters Anonymous there? Same idea

7. Lucky Penny

Lucky Penny Mr. cut me some slack cause I don't wanna go back,

Dude. I don't have insurance and I'm in treatment. The resources are out there if you want them :hsd:

PM me your location :hs: let me see if I can help..

8. TaVeRaVe

TaVeRaVe New Member

Good luck. You'll probably retail a fair bit of water, and fatten right up.
    I went extremely overboard binging and not puking and my belly got all of it. Needless to say im still getting fatter every day, and dont know if it has been worth the embarassment I get from gaining almost 60 pounds in LESS THAN A MONTH. my body just didnt know wat to do so it didnt it just turned me into a fat binge eater, like most people who get fat as fast i adidi