Recover deleted file

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Morpheus647, Jan 8, 2009.

1. Morpheus647

Morpheus647 New Member

Is there any way to recover a file that I deleted (already emptied the trash can)

2. quid

quid I Piss Excellence OT Supporter

havent you seen the video,

run out to get the newest version of norton tools to have it tell you "your file is fucking gone"

that video is damn funny.

there is some recovery software, that ive used with a scary level of success, but i dont remember the name off hand.

3. gui3

gui3 all the dude ever wanted was his rug back

it may be too late, but first of all stop doing things on your computer, now.

if you don't know this, read: when you delete a file (and "empty trash") it's not really "deleted," the computer just clears its entries in the file allocation table, so the drive sees it as available space. the data is still there.

if you run an undelete app, it will look at the data and try to piece things back together.

if you have continued to use the computer (saving files, etc) you may have overwritten the deleted file.

4. dorkultra

dorkultra OT's resident crohns dude OT Supporter

i have never had good success in osx with recovering files. i've used a couple of different recovery programs and i am usually too late because i will get part of a file and it will not work.

now, within windows - i've been able to use getdataback to grab deleted shit off of old flash drives from years ago :bowdown:

5. TheWeasel

TheWeasel Guest

PM me.