Recording landline conversations on pc

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by sierraelement, Apr 27, 2005.

1. What's the simplest way? I don't have a voice modem, so I'll probably have to get one of those.

Does Radio Shack carry some sort of patch cable that connects the phone to the microphone jack on the computer where I could just record it directly onto wmp?

I'm entering into a lawsuit and it wouldn't hurt to have some evidence of phone conversations.

2. redking

redking New Member

Does it have to be on computer? I know there devices to record land line phone conversations. Check out a local spy shop or online. :)

3. I guess it don't HAVE to be on the computer, but that's what I'm looking for. I would like to be able to save it to cd or e-mail it if necessary. I know it's possible, I just want to know the simplest/cheapest way.

4. I hate it when I talk to myself in these threads.

Okay, I got a thingamajigger that plugs into the phone jack on a phone (phone line plugs into the thingamajigger) and then has a microphone cord running out of it. I plugged it into the mic jack on the computer, but can't figure out how to record anything. I tried the voice recorder in the accessories menu -- don't work. I can't figure out how to get Windows Media Player to record voice messages. I think if I can get that to work I'll be set.

Any suggestions????

5. maczter

maczter Life is trying things to see if they work.

one suggestion: i believe it's illegal to record a phone conversation without the consent of all parties being recorded.

6. According to the law I studied in college only one party has to consent to the conversation being recorded. That only makes sense, too. They don't even have to be the one doing the recording as long as they know about it and do not object to it.

Regardless the worst that could happen is that the recorded conversation wouldn't be submissible as evidence.